Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

where does your clutch engage?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hondafan
like i stated earlier, TRE(evo tranny experts)reccommends 3" from the floor. i take their word for it since they know more about trannies than me, but everyone's welcome to do to their car as they please.
Ding Ding Ding. This is the correct answer.

The clutch is supposed to engage 3 inches off the floor. To do this adjustment properly, raised your car off of the floor, put the car in gear and have somebody let you know the instant your wheels start to turn. Adjust your pedal until your about 3 inches from the floor before your wheels start to turn.

This is TRE's procedure.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

I've got a 5-speed gearbox and I followed the instructions on Evo Motorsports' site and couldn't find what the rod and locking nut they were talking about. Does this apply to 5-speed W5MAA gearboxes of did I miss something?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by QAT-R
Ding Ding Ding. This is the correct answer.

The clutch is supposed to engage 3 inches off the floor. To do this adjustment properly, raised your car off of the floor, put the car in gear and have somebody let you know the instant your wheels start to turn. Adjust your pedal until your about 3 inches from the floor before your wheels start to turn.

This is TRE's procedure.
They don't come from the factory this way... Being 6'3" I have to eat my knee everytime I engage.

Is there a special reason they're like this from the dealer?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:57 PM

mine ingages prolly .5 to an inch from the top and chatters like a bastard on a triple puck. its always chattered but its getting pretty high still doesnt slip but im getting a new one this summer a little less aggressive then i have, help out the driveability on the street.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EzNateZ
They don't come from the factory this way... Being 6'3" I have to eat my knee everytime I engage.

Is there a special reason they're like this from the dealer?
they do come from the factory that way. 3" off the floor is pretty high up compared to most other cars i've driven/owned. the evo has the highest engagement point i've encountered.

don't forget guys, adjusting the pedal's engagement point is something that should be done when putting in a new clutch and also as maintenance periodically through the clutches life. the point will change as the disc wears.