Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

O2 housing down pipe leak

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question O2 housing down pipe leak

hey guys i have the AMS TBE and i got the megan raceing O2 housing ok were the housing and down pipe meet it leaks is it because im useing the stock spring bolts should i use the ones that come with the O2 housing
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:53 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

Did you use a new gasket?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Does the AMS use the stock doughnut gasket in between the down pipe and O2?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

i believe if you run an aftermarket o2 housing you need to use the bolts that come with that. If you were running the downpipe with the stock o2 then you can use the stock spring bolts. I would switch to the bolts that came with the o2
Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

I have the MR o2 housing as well. I also have an Espelir DP mated to it. I reused the stock bolts for the simple reason that the ones that came with the MR weren't near long enough nor were they even close to resembling the stockers. I also reused the stock donut gasket. I just had to file it down a little on the inside where it went onto the MR housing. I bolted everything up tight and have no leaks. Also, did a donut gasket come with your AMS DP? If it did and it is different looking than the stocker, then you would have to use the one supplied as it makes a better seal for that particular DP. Just try seeing which gasket fits better into your DP.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2006MRevo
I have the MR o2 housing as well. I also have an Espelir DP mated to it. I reused the stock bolts for the simple reason that the ones that came with the MR weren't near long enough nor were they even close to resembling the stockers. I also reused the stock donut gasket. I just had to file it down a little on the inside where it went onto the MR housing. I bolted everything up tight and have no leaks. Also, did a donut gasket come with your AMS DP? If it did and it is different looking than the stocker, then you would have to use the one supplied as it makes a better seal for that particular DP. Just try seeing which gasket fits better into your DP.
no there was no gasket for the down pipe i took off the stock bolt's and put the bolt's that came with the O2 housing now there's no leak Thanks guys
Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
Account Disabled

there should of been a doughnut gasket on the stock DP.