Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dumb luck: Back roads and deer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shvc1991
I almost nailed one in my Mom's ZHP back in September at around 1:30 in the morning. They just have to stop and stare when they see headlights.
probably why the saying is like a deer in head lights huh?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

damn at least you didnt really nail any of them, lol that was good. i tell you i must say i dont beleive i have ever seen any deers in the road. i have seen bear crossing signs more in the northern florida area. most creatures we have trouble with in the roads are ducks, iguanas and thats about it here.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

One deer 17 years ago caused $5000 damage on my car, 13 years ago another deer caused $11000 damage on my then new car. I have been totally paranoid over deers for the last 13 years now. Be careful - a direct hit to a deer will cost a lot of damage, and they can pop out from anywhere, even on city roads in the East. Drive safe.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 06:12 PM

OP, glad you're okay. Backroads and animals don't go together well at all. This is what happened to my truck when I hit a 1500lb bull. Don't know how much damage it caused. They stopped the estimate at $14,400...
Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my ex bought a brand new 350Z and was driving it down the backroads by his house after leaving the dealership and BAM!! He hadn't even had the car for a day. Stinkin deer.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks man, i've had some pretty close calls myself. Be careful and goodluck.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

yea, my luck is with raccoons and squirrels, always seem to jump in front my car lol
Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Driving schools... they are a very, very good thing and worth every penny. Being able to not over react, and cause more damage trying to avoid the accident. And knowing how to brake without ABS The rate of speed I was going, any other situation would've been a bad one; damage to the car, deer(s HAHA) in the passenger seat kicking if still alive.

Visual references; http://www.car-accidents.com/deer-ca...accidents.html The one with the Durango is what I fear most... and this...

Deer Gore (NWS), gross, and literally sickening... don't be mad at me if you click this link. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=777869

Yuck.

4tun8, PM'd you
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2Devious
One other time was driving along at night. Had my little brother in the back seat. I heard a loud bang and my brother yelped. I asked what happened and he said a deer flew out of the woods and smashed its face up against his window. lol. there was deer drool all over the window.
lol thats pretty funny but would scare the s*** out of me big time!!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Where i live, there are deers always at night time in my front yard. I live where there are lots of hills, so they always come down and eat all of my wife's garden stuff. You were very lucky cause i had a friend who go pretty banged up cause he hit a deer doing 45 mph around a corner.

Anyways, good thing you ok .
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

glad it wasnt too bad of an accident. you just never can tell what deer might do
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nukblazi
Last night I came around a tight right hander on a back road going too fast and to my surprise, three freakin deer are in my lane and on the shoulder.

One darts in front of me, I locked up and missed it but less than a foot. It wiped the road grime off the drivers side of my front bumper. Another, on the shoulder, turned and bounced off my right rear door and quarter panel. It's snout and shoulder wiped the road grime off as well, from the front of the door back to above the wheel well. Looks like there might be a slight, slight, slight dent in the door, but nothing immediately noticable.

It's snowing, otherwise I'd take a pic to post up. Dumb luck... a couple MPH faster, or a couple inches to the left and they could have caused a lot of damage.
What road in Bel Air? I will know to stay off that one
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

last time i met a deer in the road i rolled my last car 4 1/2 times in a ditch. landed up side down with a tree stump coming through the roof of my car over the top of my head rest. luckily im short and lean down in the seat other wise id prolly be dead
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

i hit 1...
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by dannykao
One deer 17 years ago caused $5000 damage on my car, 13 years ago another deer caused $11000 damage on my then new car. I have been totally paranoid over deers for the last 13 years now. Be careful - a direct hit to a deer will cost a lot of damage, and they can pop out from anywhere, even on city roads in the East. Drive safe.
sounds like u've had the worst luck of us all

Quick Reply: Dumb luck: Back roads and deer