Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RnR Street Core FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 3volut1on
Here is a cpiture of it. I do not think that its the XS power core, because i think they use AMS's style

Thats an e-bay special alright. save yourself 70 and get it on e-bay for 130 shipped.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya it looks like one just look on the bay.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

anyone got a link to the one on ebay? The ones i saw on ebay are the AMS copies
Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
save yourself the headache and money, get the one from ebay and you will have a lot more support especially from all the members that already have an ebay ic. why go with something from a company that has basically gone out of business. or if you got more money get the ams or nisei. than for sure you will not have to worry about it leaking, fitting or even working.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-...88758889QQrdZ1
Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Hm, the only thing i dont see is that bracket on top, but i guess that could always just be welded on, huh?

So and RNR is pretty much just a Ebay FMIC?

Amazing theyre selling the same intercooler on the site for $599!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 3volut1on
Hm, the only thing i dont see is that bracket on top, but i guess that could always just be welded on, huh?

So and RNR is pretty much just a Ebay FMIC?

Amazing theyre selling the same intercooler on the site for $599!
amazing, Warrtalon has basically been telling you that through your entire thread

you just don't want to listen
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I don't care where you're buying it - I'm talking about the piece itself. I would not put that on my car even if it was given to me.
AND USELESS....
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
AND USELESS....
why would you waste your money on a piece or garbage like that? you buy a car for 30k and then go buy garbage parts for it. it doesnt make sense. warr is one best people to talk to when buying a part for your car of any kind. he never lies and always tell you the best. what is useless about what he said? you think its useless because he doesnt want someone to waste there money on a garbage part and see no results in the end except pissing away $200. you people make some real sense sometimes.go with ams or buschur something that has been proven time and time again. a friends of mine bought the same FMIC and saw a drop in 5 whp on the dyno compared to the stocker. so you are better off starting a fire with that money. warr there is no reason to help people that have no clue about what they or doing or any know how about there car what so ever. so start LISTENING people.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

evo6 please take rnr racing out of you sig. if you know anything about evo's there are not even close to a top shop
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRevolutionRed
why would you waste your money on a piece or garbage like that? you buy a car for 30k and then go buy garbage parts for it. it doesnt make sense. warr is one best people to talk to when buying a part for your car of any kind. he never lies and always tell you the best. what is useless about what he said? you think its useless because he doesnt want someone to waste there money on a garbage part and see no results in the end except pissing away $200. you people make some real sense sometimes.go with ams or buschur something that has been proven time and time again. a friends of mine bought the same FMIC and saw a drop in 5 whp on the dyno compared to the stocker. so you are better off starting a fire with that money. warr there is no reason to help people that have no clue about what they or doing or any know how about there car what so ever. so start LISTENING people.
The original poster had a fitment question...why go straight out and BASH RnR. A simple 'NO' or 'YES' on his fitment question would work too...and he can offer his opinion on the intercoolers performance...no need to BASH RnR..not a bashing thread. If the poster said "should I do business with RnR" then go ahead and bash them...i would support the bashing somewhat

FYI..."My friend installed the race intercooler on his GT35r powered Evo and saw an nice increase of 30 whp & 20ft.lbs torque @ 21psi...no pressure drop." Every car is a little different I guess...
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRevolutionRed
evo6 please take rnr racing out of you sig. if you know anything about evo's there are not even close to a top shop
And why was that stupid post u made even necessary

I have had good experiences with their products & serivce to a degree .... i have 4 close friends running their turbo kits & one running their intercooler all Evo's running strong...

lata buddi

Last edited by EvO6-RS2; Mar 3, 2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yep every car is different.. I like my RNR RACE CORE but fitment was an issue compared to the stocker.. but i did see some gains.. !!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Feel free to have my post deleted if it doesn't help you, but I would be _EXTREMELY_ cautious buying ANYTHING that RNR makes. They are one of the most hated and controversial vendors in the Evo community and have left the community due to that reason. The last thing I'd want on my car is a part from RNR as important as an FMIC...
100% right on ! RNR can go to hell.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
FYI..."My friend installed the race intercooler on his GT35r powered Evo and saw an nice increase of 30 whp & 20ft.lbs torque @ 21psi...no pressure drop." Every car is a little different I guess...
...I had an imaginary friend once but I was seven

hahaha rnr fan boy FTW

Quick Reply: RnR Street Core FMIC