Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

18k evo ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18k evo ?

So i have not done much research on evos since i'm very much into drifting, a class the evo does not fall in. But due to the circumstances i have been given i am thinking of picking one up within the end of this year.

Until recently i was planning on just getting a beat up 180/240 for a cheap price so i would have an abundance of $ for parts but after my parents and i finally had a discussion on cars i found out that anything older then 2k is too old no questions asked.

With money i have saved and help from them my price on a car tops out at about 18k . I'm figuring this is probably around 2k short of a 03 ev08. And if the ev08 is too much for me then has anyone imported an ev07 or 06? and if so are their engines any different which would cause them to fail smog test ? (sr20/rb alike )

And yes i'll be making the evo rwd. Plz give me any good info, if not i'm pretty sure i'll end up with a rx8. Not dissin the 8 but the renesis isn't ideal for building on.

Ty ty ty for anything helpful
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ayodog
So i have not done much research on evos since i'm very much into drifting, a class the evo does not fall in. But due to the circumstances i have been given i am thinking of picking one up within the end of this year.

Until recently i was planning on just getting a beat up 180/240 for a cheap price so i would have an abundance of $ for parts but after my parents and i finally had a discussion on cars i found out that anything older then 2k is too old no questions asked.

With money i have saved and help from them my price on a car tops out at about 18k . I'm figuring this is probably around 2k short of a 03 ev08. And if the ev08 is too much for me then has anyone imported an ev07 or 06? and if so are their engines any different which would cause them to fail smog test ? (sr20/rb alike )

And yes i'll be making the evo rwd. Plz give me any good info, if not i'm pretty sure i'll end up with a rx8. Not dissin the 8 but the renesis isn't ideal for building on.

Buy mine, and you won't have to spend a penny on upgrades for a while. Plus it's completely reliable and I drive it daily. $21K.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:02 PM

like i said, no way i can afford anything past 18k x_x. Thats why i'm unsure if i should spend alot of time learning about the car.

how enticing.

Not until april or so would i have enough to spend that much, but my brother gets his license back in nov. Need a car by then
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Came across this on ebay but it needs work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

With that amount of money, I would be careful of an evo priced that low. You could be buying into another persons problems they had with the car. I bought my car last year in June for 25k with 27k on the motor. Mine was bone stock, the way I like em. So I can take pride in building the car myself.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ayodog

Please tell me you are joking????

On topic, I'd look into anohter car. The Evo is HIGH mantinance, IMOP. You may find one for 18K with high milage, problems, etc. Then spend eve more $ to get everything figured out.

Last edited by Muad; Sep 27, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 08:09 PM

No, i am not joking and i have no knowledge on the evo which is why i'm asking here.

But i guess the evo is prob a little too pricey for me. From the info i have been getting on these forums. ( not this topic )
Old Sep 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

If you could get an evo 6 for less than an 8 i would own one, hell i would trade my 9 straight up for a 6. Love those cars
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by amprowler
Came across this on ebay but it needs work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29
did you see the interior? lmao, **** if i had my evo paid off id buy that off them for $13k, car still runs perfect...id keep both and use on as a daily
Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:36 AM

Please just buy an RX8 before you ruin a perfectly good Evo.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

importing an older model would be more expensive than buying a brand new one once you got it shipped registered ect. and honestly if you want a rwd car, why not start with something that was intended to be rwd??
i would also be worried about the condition of an evo being sold for 18k. good luck
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by EV0lved
did you see the interior? lmao, **** if i had my evo paid off id buy that off them for $13k, car still runs perfect...id keep both and use on as a daily
i love the ES front seats. comfy!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

buy an LS1 car.
theyre RWD.
and fcking baller.

you can get one in the 8-14k range easily depending on what yr looking for.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Or put 10k down for an Evo 9? That still leaves you 8k for upgrades!!!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
go with the RX8

Quick Reply: 18k evo ?