Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Carbon fiber e-brake handle install??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon fiber e-brake handle install??

I've just got a set of OEM pedal inserts and the CF ebrake handle as a X-mas present. I just can't see how the CF ebrake handle can be fit over the stocker? Do I have to cut the stock plastic handle to make it fit? Please help me find some info on how to install this.

For some reasons, it come with 1 sheet of instruction from the factory. Only said what tools and precaution but no actual steps of how to. Thanks in advance
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:11 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
I've just got a set of OEM pedal inserts and the CF ebrake handle as a X-mas present. I just can't see how the CF ebrake handle can be fit over the stocker? Do I have to cut the stock plastic handle to make it fit? Please help me find some info on how to install this.

For some reasons, it come with 1 sheet of instruction from the factory. Only said what tools and precaution but no actual steps of how to. Thanks in advance

I tried digging up a .pdf of the instructions, but Mitsubishi doesnt have anything in their database on it. I know a lot of the accessories that they deem "easy" to install dont come with very good instructions. Hopefully someone else here has done it and can answer your question.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

you need to take the stock one off., no need to cut...,just get a hair dryer., heat it up a bit (warm to the touch) twist and pull. it should come right off. worked on mine. (stock leather handle)

Last edited by jenx1976; Dec 28, 2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jenx1976
you need to take the stock one off., no need to cut...,just get a hair dryer., heat it up a bit (warm to the touch) twist and pull. it should come right off. worked on mine. (stock leather handle)
Mine is a RS. It is a plastic piece and it goes all the way down into the center console. So do I have to take that whole piece out? Thanks for answer.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

For the RS, yes you have to remove the whole piece. You may need to buy an entire handbrake assembly that comes from the GSR to use your ebrake handle (if what you bought is only the handle).