Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo got jacked!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Hopefully you get it back
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
Lo-Jack would have been ideal. My cousin has it in his Integra lol and they found his when it was stolen after 5 hours. Next time get a lo-jack and an alarm. They would have found the car within hours or at the most days.
Yeah that would be good. Thanks for the info. I will probably secure my next car to the limit. Lojack + top notch alarm.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by awd_ftw
Wow man I am really sorry to hear that! My Evo just got broken into on Wednesday with the window smashed out..that was all I cared about was that my car was still there. Hopefully you will get paid for all your aftermarket stuff, if you send the insurance company the receipts they should cover it. They did for my friend totalled STi. Well looks like it's time for a IX MR eh?!? Hope everything works out friend.
Thanks for the support. The more I hear that the better I feel. You just don't know until you get the settlement check but hearing other similar experiences working out is good news until then. I have State Farm so...
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
Where in Chi was this?
Wicker Park.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
That's horrible. I REALLY hope you have all your aftermarket parts listed out on your insurance policy. If not, then this REALLY, REALLY is a bad day for you.
I have talked to people who have talked to people at State Farm and yes you can upgrade your policy to show how much you have in your car but even if you don't, they cover it if you provide it with receipts.

Still an unknown how much "covering it" is.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

GL hope you come out good out of this. Def get good security and always think Karma is a Bish, soon or later they will get it. Sometimes it's better to start fresh, my roomies s2k got slashed and parts taken right infront of our condo and no1 saw anything, car hasn't been the same since.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:13 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by junction
I have talked to people who have talked to people at State Farm and yes you can upgrade your policy to show how much you have in your car but even if you don't, they cover it if you provide it with receipts.

Still an unknown how much "covering it" is.
Usually the "covering it" is only $1000
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that... I was dining out a few weeks back and after eating I noticed my car was missing. I felt sick! Almost threw up!

=\ thankfully... I only got it towed for parking in at the plaza and going over to the restaurant... $101.00 I had it back. My fualt. lesson learned.

Hopefully things work out for you!

Bwt - How does it work if you tell the insurance you have certain items in your car? Do they charge you more monthly based on what you have thats "aftermarket"?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

o man that sucks...sorry to hear that

hope you get it back in one piece
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:54 PM

Isn’t there a chapter in the manual that talks about programming the second key for anti theft purposes?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:58 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clearskies
Sorry to hear that... I was dining out a few weeks back and after eating I noticed my car was missing. I felt sick! Almost threw up!

=\ thankfully... I only got it towed for parking in at the plaza and going over to the restaurant... $101.00 I had it back. My fualt. lesson learned.

Hopefully things work out for you!

Bwt - How does it work if you tell the insurance you have certain items in your car? Do they charge you more monthly based on what you have thats "aftermarket"?
Yes, the aftermarket parts will increase your insurance premium. But usually only a very small amount. You have to itemize a list of aftermarket parts and the value of each part. Give that to your insurance company and they'll calculate a cost. For instance, I have $4000 worth of wheels and coilovers on my car and it only cost an extra $18 every six months. Well worth it for the peace of mind knowing if they ever got damaged or stolen, the would be replaced. If they aren't covered, the insurance company doesn't owe you anything for aftermarket parts.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Dont always trust a alarm my wifes Durango got stolen last month even with an alarm no lo-jack, they stole it during the day at a hospitol. Even the best alarms wont stop those $hit bags.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

that's why I allways take my aem out of my car best alarm spent I never leave her parked anywhere I think isn't safe when I go to the movies the aem is in the girlfriends purse LOL
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

OMFG! BoostGotMeLaid! I love that name! (roflmao)

As for the stealing. I'm going to look into this LoJack thing. Never heard of it. I've been shopping for SOME form of alarm. Even something basic would be better than nothing.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

holy **** man im sorry to hear that especially with all that money you put in it. Those pieces of **** got a nice car with that stroker kit and everything....i hope you get it back in one piece keep us updated. Reading **** like this scares the **** out of me about my car..

Quick Reply: My Evo got jacked!