Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What Did You Do To Your Evo Today? 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 05:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
I was thinking about in the ashtray too but the gauge is too big in diameter to fit. Might just get a pod to replace the tiny factory gauges and get 2 more matching AEM gauges. The cool thing about running the AEM ecu is that I can get gauges that display anything the ECU sees. You just hit a button on the gauge until it displays what you want to see. So even though I would only have 3 gauges, they would be able to display over 20 different channels.
Yeah thats pretty sweet. I have the gruppe-s gauge pod with my radio relocated down below & I really like it. Its pretty convenient being able to adjust the volume with my hand resting on the shifter. I have the AEM X series boost & oil pressure along with the Innovate ECF-1 which shows afr, ethanol %, fuel temp & fuel pressure. Pretty nifty.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by unkn0wn.
Yeah thats pretty sweet. I have the gruppe-s gauge pod with my radio relocated down below & I really like it. Its pretty convenient being able to adjust the volume with my hand resting on the shifter. I have the AEM X series boost & oil pressure along with the Innovate ECF-1 which shows afr, ethanol %, fuel temp & fuel pressure. Pretty nifty.
Can you post a picture of your setup? I dont know, I just feel like that might be too much bling up there. Easy to see, yes but kinda want to keep the dash stock looking.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 07:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Can you post a picture of your setup? I dont know, I just feel like that might be too much bling up there. Easy to see, yes but kinda want to keep the dash stock looking.
IMO, this is a decent medium between having it down low where I have to take my eyes off the road & on the A pillar where its in everyones face.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by unkn0wn.
IMO, this is a decent medium between having it down low where I have to take my eyes off the road & on the A pillar where its in everyones face.
Thanks for posting it. I mean it looks good but I dont think its the look I am going for. Definitely an option but I am going to keep searching. I know what you mean about the A-pillar gauges too. Way to ricey for me. I would have to mount a 5" tach next to it if I did that haha.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks for posting it. I mean it looks good but I dont think its the look I am going for. Definitely an option but I am going to keep searching. I know what you mean about the A-pillar gauges too. Way to ricey for me. I would have to mount a 5" tach next to it if I did that haha.
What about something like this. Requires you to source Asian market parts and a radio bezel but it is up higher and not on the dash.

Front this thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...been-done.html

Old Apr 5, 2019, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lv05evo
What about something like this. Requires you to source Asian market parts and a radio bezel but it is up higher and not on the dash.

Front this thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...been-done.html

Yes I like that one! Especially with the CF insert. But wouldnt I have to relocate my AC controls to the bottom? I would really like to do the whole HVAC swap like that but its a lot of $$$.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I like that one! Especially with the CF insert. But wouldnt I have to relocate my AC controls to the bottom? I would really like to do the whole HVAC swap like that but its a lot of $$$.
So looking at this if you want to keep the radio and AC controls in the same location, you're going to have to modify the radio bezel to fit. Look at the top of the bezel on the USDM car and the Asian market car and you will see our cars bezel is flat and the asian market cars have a slight notch. Plus the radio on the asian market car is not a single DIN unit, looks more like it sits behind the bezel and has controls sticking out. Really different design. I'm not sure if any JDM cars look this way.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

@Lumpy Sticks
You need something like this. USDM AC controls will have to be at the bottom through a standard radio relocation kit. I think the relocation kit costs like $30 - $40.

Old Apr 5, 2019, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Ya I still have some thinking to do. Too many options and too many other things to do before I go venture into mounting gauges. Like install my new rear end. Or wash it for the first time in who knows how long...

Old Apr 7, 2019, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Unhappy

I went out to my Evo, its a nice day, no blizzard, no freezing rain and hit the garage door opener button on the visor, looked in the rear view mirror and I'm looking outside - that was fast. So I start backing out and then it dawns on me, the door was already open. Nailed by spring. I just finished ordering a new vortex generator and antenna.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 07:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Installed an UICP, flashed a new file from AMS Performance and went out and got into tri-pod mode on a corner. Lovin the new coil overs and Whiteline rear sway bar....she's toight.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Drove it for the first time in 2 weeks

The following users liked this post:
RevMaynard (Apr 11, 2019)
Old Apr 12, 2019, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Purchased an AEM Series 2 Ecu for it
Old Apr 13, 2019, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Drained 8 gallons of fuel from fuel tank that sat for 8 months, trying to get her ready for first start. Just can’t find torque specs for drain plug on fuel tank smh
Old Apr 14, 2019, 05:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evo 8 Fuel Tank Drain Bolt Torque Spec

Originally Posted by Moose_421
Drained 8 gallons of fuel from fuel tank that sat for 8 months, trying to get her ready for first start. Just can’t find torque specs for drain plug on fuel tank smh
Torque spec for the Fuel Tank drain bolt on the Evo 8 is 16 ± 3 lbs.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your Evo Today? 2023