Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer abused my evo, help..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer abused my evo, help..

So I went in to the dealership 3 days ago, and bought my 2006 ww ix mr! but my salesperson was a complete redneck and had treated the MR like a ford truck (the car was at a ford dealership...-_-) so i was looking at the engine, and admiring the beauty of the car, and he comes up and lifts the stand and SLAMS the hood to close it while i was looking at the car(at this point i wanted to walk away and go somewhere else but ww mr ix is hard to find with low miles) . I talked to the manager about it and he said it should be fine, but I dont know.... what do you guys think? im going to take it to mitsubishi and get it checked out just in case.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

So you already bought the car? Most "good" used car dealerships (if you haven't yet purchased the car) won't have a problem with you taking the car else where to be looked at. I would defiantly have it looked over regaurdless of how they treated it.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

is anything damaged? thats what you should be worried about
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did you say anything to the guy??
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would be the best bet. Take it to Mitsubishi to have a serious inspection and they will tell you whats going on. You can also order an inspection online from an independent company and they will go check it out for a fee. Also ask for a CARFAX report. If they are a reputable dealer then they will be able to provide you one.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
So you already bought the car? Most "good" used car dealerships (if you haven't yet purchased the car) won't have a problem with you taking the car else where to be looked at. I would defiantly have it looked over regaurdless of how they treated it.
yeah its in my gargage right now cuz i didnt want to lose this buy, its in great clean condition besides the whole slamming the hood while i was looking at it. he probably did that because he thought i was going to waste his time since i am only 21 years old. but i ended up buying the car with my own credit and money. (dont judge a book by its cover!)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
did you say anything to the guy??
of course, i was like why did you do that? this car needs to be treated carefully.... and i was pissed off for like an hour
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2
That would be the best bet. Take it to Mitsubishi to have a serious inspection and they will tell you whats going on. You can also order an inspection online from an independent company and they will go check it out for a fee. Also ask for a CARFAX report. If they are a reputable dealer then they will be able to provide you one.
clean carfax report, but i did notice the passengar window was replaced and 3 small circle dents on the roof of the car which i assume is how the window was shattered.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

well, you cant really do any damage by slamming the hood except to the hood.Is that all?The thread title led me to beleive you took it for service and they joy rode it.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

^ +1 thought this was a joy ride story
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

dude, relax...., you would know if the hood was damaged, and its not gonna hurt anything. just enjoy your new car.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I would have told the guy -- Thanks for treating my new car like its yours. Find me a new salesperson -- they will get the commission.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:42 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I prefer if the technician just drops the "aluminum" hood than dent it trying to close it. there should be minimal damage in this case.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
I prefer if the technician just drops the "aluminum" hood than dent it trying to close it. there should be minimal damage in this case.
Actually "dropping" the hood is a more correct way of doing it than shutting it half way and then pushing on it. When you push down on the hood, there's a bigger chance you're going to make a dent in it from applying pressure than dropping the hood from a foot and letting it close by itself...

Edit: Though the mitsu stuff takes abuse pretty good - I've seen honda owners make holes in their hoods by closing them like that.

So if that's all that was wrong with the car, be happy you have an evo and enjoy it
Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

All I have to say is wow.....I was planning on you saying I dropped my car off for service and then seen it flying down the interstate an hour later. I would have laughed. This story isn't a very good one.

Quick Reply: Dealer abused my evo, help..