Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mice in my car!

Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that really sucks, good you found it. a friend of mine restored a '69 mustang in a outdoor shop .. mouse got inside and ate the driver AND passenger seat foam from the inside, that seats (except the metal) all had to be redone.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AzNvPo4sHo View Post
Today in the morning as I entered my car, I smelt a horrible odor in my car. At first, I thought it was something foul from outside. However when I turned the A/C on, it smelt even worst. So I decided to check my cabin air-filter and found bunch of shredded groceries bags in small pieces on top of my filter along with two dead mice. Not a good feeling at all !

I'm wondering how did the rodents get inside of my car (literally above the cabin air-filter and blower motor, where it is blocked off by many thick hard plastics and such). Is there any holes or such under the car that the A/C vents out to the atmosphere?

Thanks!
I know this is old but I just had the same problem. They get in to the vent system where the hood hinges are (open your hood you'll see a 1/2"x 1" piece of rubber), there is a small piece of rubber that stops anything from getting into the vents.

Old Feb 16, 2017, 04:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Your evo = The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Last edited by Evo VI.; Feb 16, 2017 at 04:45 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 116 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by 03eh_VE_oh_VIII View Post
Mice*
I used to drive a Trans Am. One day at work I noticed a ground squirrel disappearing under my car carrying straw. When I got home I found straw sticking out of a cross member back by the rear bumper. I made a wire hook and started fishing stuff out. It was amazing, the cross member was packed. I filled a five gallon bucket.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Will never forget driving one day about 5 minutes from where I left my house in my old Civic and a mouse came from under my hood and halfway up my windshield. Nearly crashed the car! Never saw one again after.