Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upgrades

Ok so i know that a few people may have done this but i dont really know which route to go. I want power but i also want good control for auto x or time attack. Tax returns coming and im going to have around 1k to spend on the evo. Ive already got TBE, intake, upper and lower ic piping, evo 9 BOV, perrin FMIC, Perrin MBC. I want a little more power. I just love boost and want more of it. Addicted maybe? but im also happy with the power and it handles well but could be better. Im also thinking possibly E-85 with 1200 injectors, and 255 fuel pump. the stations only 4 mins away from my house. Thanks to who ever can help me out with my decisions. And thanks to everyone for providing so much Info on these beautiful evos.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope you got a tune with your current mods..
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mevolution03
Ok so i know that a few people may have done this but i dont really know which route to go. I want power but i also want good control for auto x or time attack. Tax returns coming and im going to have around 1k to spend on the evo. Ive already got TBE, intake, upper and lower ic piping, evo 9 BOV, perrin FMIC, Perrin MBC. I want a little more power. I just love boost and want more of it. Addicted maybe? but im also happy with the power and it handles well but could be better. Im also thinking possibly E-85 with 1200 injectors, and 255 fuel pump. the stations only 4 mins away from my house. Thanks to who ever can help me out with my decisions. And thanks to everyone for providing so much Info on these beautiful evos.
you've got a great start...going to e85 1200cc and walbro 255 pump and a re-tune will really wake the car up. If you want more then it's time to do some cams. That with our tune would put you into the 400awhp/400tq area and I can tell you from experience it's incredible on the autox plenty of power. Let us know if we can help, we carry everything you could possibly need and if we don't have something we can get it.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 09:30 AM

^couldnt of said it anybetter.**** 400 wheel for autox will be almost too much lol. but e85 on the 8 turbo super fast spool and good power and the taper seen from the high boost shouldnt really make a differsnce for autox
Old Feb 6, 2011, 09:51 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Auto-x upgrades - driving school, tires
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

yeah when I had 400awhp the street tires just couldn't handle it anymore. There were several times where I said "this is too damn fast"
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:45 AM

I bet if you put a set of Hoosier A6, 295mm wide R compounds on the car he could but the power down in autocross....if he didn't mind draining his wiper fluid tank.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 06:36 PM

400awhp would be awesome. Ide love to get cams but that would be pushing out of my budget at the time. ide be able to get cams, fuel pump, and injectors but then i wouldnt have any left for a tune. i think im gonna go with injectors and fuel pump for now on e-85. maybe that will leave me enough to get a tune and also some suspenion upgrades or possibly start saving for other mods.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mevolution03
400awhp would be awesome. Ide love to get cams but that would be pushing out of my budget at the time. ide be able to get cams, fuel pump, and injectors but then i wouldnt have any left for a tune. i think im gonna go with injectors and fuel pump for now on e-85. maybe that will leave me enough to get a tune and also some suspenion upgrades or possibly start saving for other mods.
it will still be worlds faster even without the cams. Some of our stock cam customers on e85 get into the 380awhp area on our tune and suggested mod path for example.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:09 AM

Thats great man. I wish you guys were closer to me. I cant really find anyone thats really big on tuning here in southern cali. everyones a good 3 hours + up north.