Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gun pulled on me while drivin my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like some douche trying to show off for his boys, and the end result was he looked like a fkn *****, (w/ a gun)!!!

Im not saying I would have done different, cause Ive done the same, (out of anger) but U gotta be careful now a days, cause no matter how crazy u *think* u are, theres some1/ppl much crazier, that just dont GAF (give a ***) about life in general...

Thank goodness, he was just a wanna be tough guy...
Apparently he didnt read the handbook... lol First rule, tough guys dont need a gun...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Glad you are safe and ok.

Now reflect on the situation...

If this happened again what would you do differently? How can you apply what you learned to other situations?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what? Even if he did run you off the road and you called the cops with a plate number, what are the cops going to do? Probably nothing. Props on calling the guys bluff though.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Police won't do a thing these days unless you're paying them 47 bucks an hour to stand on the side of the road and wave in traffic for a construction zone. I've met a few decent guys in my days but even friends in the force will admit its just not what it used to be. Guessing you're a bit younger due to your initial reaction and they probably hear crazy stuff from "kids" daily (no disrespect) just weeding out what they believe to be truth or not. Even blatant law breaking is ignored most times. It's a PC world. I've taken a bullet and it sucks...wouldn't suggest it. Special Forces veteran here, have since left the days of cami's and taught marines hand to hand combat...check the Sig, and I STILL will not get out of a car. Being a "marine" doesn't make you a real man nor make you any tougher. You still have skin and bones like any other human being, a fact in which I am glad I learned at a younger age. Humility and maturity however does. Walk away. Best advice I can give. Did they hurt you or your family? Then walk away. Good luck, the truth sucks but it may save your life.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by evo unknown
Glad you are safe and ok.

Now reflect on the situation...

If this happened again what would you do differently? How can you apply what you learned to other situations?
I know what you're saying man, and trust me I'm going through some crazy emotions right now, but when things happen in the moment its hard to slow down and think things through. I'm not here to brag about what I did, just get some opinions to see where the majority is at. I'm no 50 cent and gettin shot ain't cool to me.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Pride comes before a fall. Especially a fall initiated by a gun shot wound.

I would have chased him down, and done the same exact thing as the OP. I can only speculate as I was not in the situation and I don't want to be too Monday morning quarterbackish. It doesn't surprise me that the Local PD didn't want to assist, because well, you weren't bleeding or rattled with holes so your just another jerk clogging up the phone lines/Office. There is unheard of corruption at an alarming rate nowadays. I say it's a sign of the end times, or I mainly blame it on rap music.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

this guys lucky he didn't run into me because i have a gun and i would have prob reacted .... what an ******* tho.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The only thing I see wrong is when you saw him pull his gun you didn't have yours to drop him!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:13 PM

What bugs me out the most is how some people can get away with ish these days, pulling guns on fellow civilians, and its no big deal to the cops? Granted I wasnt robbed or shot, but I just don't see how thats legal to try and intimidate an unarmed person with a weapon.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdm96gsr
I expected responses like this, and thats fine.
I was reacting out of anger not trying to be mr tough guy. So you would have just sat there is what you're saying?
Yep, most of us would have just sat there and driven away. The only thing that got hurt was your pride. You simply cannot confront people anymore, hell I remember as a young adult being able to flip people the finger in open view, nowadays I do that **** under the door panel. Not trying to make fun of the situation, just wanting you to realize what you did could have cost you your life for what?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The only thing I see wrong is when you saw him pull his gun you didn't have yours to drop him!
Haha. I always have mine, but in this case the OP would be posting this from a cell lol
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
LOL.

I always have Bessie with me. Never know.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
Yep, most of us would have just sat there and driven away. The only thing that got hurt was your pride. You simply cannot confront people anymore, hell I remember as a young adult being able to flip people the finger in open view, nowadays I do that **** under the door panel. Not trying to make fun of the situation, just wanting you to realize what you did could have cost you your life for what?
I respect that
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by personal_golf
Police won't do a thing these days unless you're paying them 47 bucks an hour to stand on the side of the road and wave in traffic for a construction zone. I've met a few decent guys in my days but even friends in the force will admit its just not what it used to be. Guessing you're a bit younger due to your initial reaction and they probably hear crazy stuff from "kids" daily (no disrespect) just weeding out what they believe to be truth or not. Even blatant law breaking is ignored most times. It's a PC world. I've taken a bullet and it sucks...wouldn't suggest it. Special Forces veteran here, have since left the days of cami's and taught marines hand to hand combat...check the Sig, and I STILL will not get out of a car. Being a "marine" doesn't make you a real man nor make you any tougher. You still have skin and bones like any other human being, a fact in which I am glad I learned at a younger age. Humility and maturity however does. Walk away. Best advice I can give. Did they hurt you or your family? Then walk away. Good luck, the truth sucks but it may save your life.
Same story with me bro. Army airborne soldier here. I would never if I go on leave get out the car and confront someone. In my mind, the best form of payback is to give no reaction.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

All the people that are saying they woulda done the same thing as this guy probably have never been shot at or haven't had multiple friends murdered over dumb **** like that. I've had a gun pulled on me on an off ramp a couple months ago and I smiled and just went on with my business. Maybe it was just my age and being more mature but I got too much to live for than to die over a meaningless moment with someone I don't know.

Quick Reply: Gun pulled on me while drivin my evo