Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help! Loud vibration at high speed

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Loud vibration at high speed

I am having a weird problem with my evo. Whenever I drive (on a track) near or over 100 mph, I get this really loud vibration noise coming from the roof, I think! Call me crazy, but I think it's the shark fins panel on the roof vibrating due to the high speeds. I know it's not the wing because I don't have a wing on my car. The only other things I think it could be are, the antenna somehow vibrating loudly at speed, the shark fins, or something on the hood or having to do with the hood scoop. I can't figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem?

The vibration is REALLY loud at speed. Loud enough to startle me the first time I heard it. I can consistently replicate the noise, every time I drive near or above 100mph I get the noise. I'm thinking about recording it and posting on youtube so you guys can hear it.

Has anyone experienced something like this?
Old May 31, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you or any of your friends have a GoPro, or any sort of camera you can mount to see if it is indeed the VG? Just a thought...
Old May 31, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
Do you or any of your friends have a GoPro, or any sort of camera you can mount to see if it is indeed the VG? Just a thought...
No GoPro unfortunately. I think I'm going to just try and record it from inside the car using an iPhone 4. The noise is super loud so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll try and do it today. Never heard of this problem before?

Last edited by guest49582; May 31, 2011 at 10:15 AM.