Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My evo died when shifted into 2nd!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:29 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 500evo
Evos and other turbo cars are same crap, no need to have qualified ppl, when I know how to fix it all. :]
This might be the right moment for a Can't Tell If Serious meme.

Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seriously dude, if you don't know what you're doing or how to diagnose things you better find a decent Evo shop that can. I've had mine for 2 years and owned DSMs for some time before that, and believe me, I still don't do all of my labor. Diagnosis, yes, but labor on the big things I leave to professionals.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll take your car off your hands.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Evos and other turbo cars are same crap, no need to have qualified ppl, when I know how to fix it all. :]
Do that car a favor and give it to someone that knows what the **** they're doing. You don't deserve it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cmspaz
Seriously dude, if you don't know what you're doing or how to diagnose things you better find a decent Evo shop that can. I've had mine for 2 years and owned DSMs for some time before that, and believe me, I still don't do all of my labor. Diagnosis, yes, but labor on the big things I leave to professionals.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm going to guess you have a few cylinders out... probably from a cracked piston, ringland or something of that nature.

In my other turbo 4 cylinder I've blew two cylinders (cracked the ringlands) and I was still able to drive it home 3-4 miles... would not idle on its own, lots of blow by.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:00 PM

I was driving around and something blew when i gunned it from 1 to 2 gear the car just like turned off, idk wth happen. Car can turn on if i keep hiting the gas doesnt sound right when it does, when i let go of gas it turns off. Also there is like smoke coming from the engine when i try to crank it.. Also 1 week ago i replaced my headgasket, also my mechanic replace a few exhaust valves do to old ones hiting the pistons, also the pistons had a few hits from the valves, any help would be helpful.
i guess you should blame your mechanic.

first, valve hitting the pistons doesnt mean that valves are the only problem.
valves were hitting the pistons because your valve timing was wrong or valve adjustment was off. so if your mechanic changed the valves, he shouldve adjusted valves and timings.

second, im guessing you have gasket leaks and, if the head-gaskets were replaced properly, it should blow up in a week.

i recommend going back to that shop and get your evo fixed properly.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Whats up with all these negative posts? Seriously dont comment if you have nothing nice to say! Leave your rude comments to your self. People like that need to learn how to shut it. Its my car if I want ill set the damn thing on fire it does not concern you at all!! For god sakes! Some people never learn! IF YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING NICE TO STAY THEN DONT SAY NOTHING AT ALL!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OfaceGrimmins
Do that car a favor and give it to someone that knows what the **** they're doing. You don't deserve it.
You dont deserve to write on here. Get the rude **** out of here.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ReignMan24
obviously u dnt knw how to fix it all if u kept driving around wondering y it was shutting off. im new to the evo scene and i knw that if a car is smoking shut the damn thing off and leave it alone. and evos rnt to much trouble or "turbo cars" in general, its the people who own them and dnt maintain them that do the most b*tchin.

All I got to say to you is, SHUT THE **** UP! Your not even worth a arguement, MY CAR I'LL BLOW THE ENGINE OR W.E I WANT TO DO WITH IT!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:07 PM

First off...wow...all this talking crap is pretty ridiculous. As far as your Evo being a problem child, I understand, some cars just seem to give you lots of trouble for no reason. Try to look on the bright side, once you've replaced everything, your car will be new again!
How loud was this "pop" sound, and what did it sound like when you drove it home? Did you notice anything different about your car as you drove it home, other than the dying at idle thing? (running funny, louder motor noise, louder turbo, knocking, ect.)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:16 PM

sorry i am.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow close thread please.
your evo, do what you want. i just suggest take it to a shop to have them figure it out before more damage is done

last i remembered, its a public forum and you asked for help.

secondly, if u know how to fix why did you bring it to your mechanic again?

if ur so good, why so many how to wire aem wideband, how to read aem, where do i put my turbo timer, evo died after shifting into 2nd car threads?
MY CAR I'LL BLOW THE ENGINE OR W.E I WANT TO DO WITH IT!
words of a 5 yr old.
done.

Last edited by sujinX; Mar 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by sujinX
wow close thread please.
your evo, do what you want. i just suggest take it to a shop to have them figure it out before more damage is done

last i remembered, its a public forum and you asked for help.

secondly, if u know how to fix why did you bring it to your mechanic again?

if ur so good, why so many how to wire aem wideband, how to read aem, where do i put my turbo timer, evo died after shifting into 2nd car threads?

words of a 5 yr old.
done.
Why don't you try to help? Or do you not have anything valuable to say at all, maybe you wouldn't know enough to make any good suggestions? You were right when you said "its a public forum and you can ask for help"...so why talk needless crap? Who's 5 yrs old again? ...jus'sayin
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ndLaw
Why don't you try to help? Or do you not have anything valuable to say at all, maybe you wouldn't know enough to make any good suggestions? You were right when you said "its a public forum and you can ask for help"...so why talk needless crap? Who's 5 yrs old again? ...jus'sayin
um ok. i was the first to help. i told him to take it to the shop since he just stated he had valves replaced since it was damaged from the piston hitting it, then he said the piston might be cracked, and head gasket was changed.

1st of all- i dont know his skill level. from a guy that asks how to wire an aem wideband, to me that means skill set- zero to novice

2nd of all- he asked how do you read an aem gauge. so that states skill set zero.

3rd of all- i am right to suggest he not mess with it cause it might cause further damage. or do you disagree sir? jus'sayin

diagnosing over the internet is NOT a good idea. look how many people suggested stuff, do you expect a guy that asks how to install an aem wideband to be able to fix his motor? change retainers and valves when he asks "does the black wire go to the black wire and the white wire go to the white wire?"
The ony thing that scares me about this is if i will screw up the wiring. LOL So the blk wires go with the blk the white with the white, correct?
Also where can i relocate my turbo timer?

ya maybe i dont know anything and i dont know how to do anything. it doesnt matter because i didnt offer advice that might further damage his car.
if u cant read i can point it out with crayon. words of a 5 yr old is "its mine i do wut i want to it" does it sound familiar? i quoted it in my previous post. i guess u can say im implying. if he's your friend i understand you backing him up. but he's telling everyone to stfu and not talk, BUT he did take my advice on getting it to the mechanic. i would say i was successful in helping.
or do you disagree sir? jus'sayin, no hard feelings

i cant say you helped him in anyway. "how loud was the 'pop' sound" you can diagnose the problem by how loud the "pop" was? if so YOU should be working for f1 or nascar. jus'sayin

Last edited by sujinX; Mar 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: My evo died when shifted into 2nd!