Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New member!

Old Apr 13, 2017, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New member!

Hello!

I'm 23 years old and I'm just about to finish up my bachelors degree in electrical engineering. I've got an engineering position lined up at Ford for when I graduate, and I am actively looking to purchase a 2006 Evo MR for myself as a graduation present. I have been reading through the newb forums and all of the stickys, and I've decided that I want to keep this future car at around 350 WHP. Because of this, I think the 6-speed Evo is the way I want to go.

I have driven two sti's with wheel horsepower in the low 300's (2006 and 2007), and I think I would like a little more power than that. I got introduced into the 4 cylinder turbo game during high school when I owned an SRT-4 Neon with a larger FMIC and full exhaust. I owned this car for close to 3 years and took great car of it- usually babying it but doing some spirited driving from time to time. Since then, my parents have been generous enough to lease me cars with discounts from my dad who works for Chrysler. I've driven a Jeep Cherokee and a Chrysler 200 in the last 4 and a half years, and I'm definitely ready to get back into a manual turbo car like an Evo 9.

I have cash ready to buy an Evo 9 (preferably GG, TB, or WW), but I'm not in a huge rush seeing that my current lease isn't up for another couple of months. Ideally I'd like to buy the car stock and do a turboback exhaust, injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, electronic boost controller, lower ICP, possibly a larger FMIC, and a pro tune. But I'm open to buying a car with a few bolt-ons.

So that's my story! I look forward to becoming an Evo owner in the (hopefully) near future!