Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much is my 06 GG Evo IX SE worth?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!
I don't drive my Evo much anymore and I've put it up on CL for sale but people keep offering lower than I am willing to take. I wanted you guy's take on my asking price. Is it just way too high? I thought I was being fairly reasonable especially because it has pretty much brand new Ohlins DFV coilovers and a Exedy Twin Plate. I'm asking 24k for it but I haven't gotten any offers above 20-21k.

Relevant info:
Powertrain has always been completely stock. California Car all its life. Previous owner was my good friend who bought it brand new in 2006. Currently has 101,700 miles on it.

Powertrain has always been completely stock. Seats and interior are pretty much perfect. Exterior is perfect, no scratches or dents aside from a small crack in the bumper, not sure where it came from.

Mods:
Exedy twin plate clutch (~$2000) brand new June 2014
Ohlins road and track dfv coilovers (~$2500) brand new June 2014
Energy Differential bushings brand new June 2014
Works air filter
JDM rear bumper
EBC yellow brake pads
Dry Carbon vortex generator
Mishimoto aluminum radiator

So what do you guys think? Did I just overprice it or should I be trying to post it elsewhere other than just craigslist.

Thanks!
Pics coming in next post

Last edited by red_dragon128; Aug 19, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would'nt budge too soon. There are a lot of guys that are looking for clean IX SE's so give yourself some time. Why don't you post it up in the for sale section here on the forum??
Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:41 PM

Last edited by red_dragon128; Aug 19, 2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by EvoJoe21
I would'nt budge too soon. There are a lot of guys that are looking for clean IX SE's so give yourself some time. Why don't you post it up in the for sale section here on the forum??
I think I tried once a couple months ago and I didn't have enough posts...hmm I guess I can have a discussion here about the car and then I can post it?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 07:00 PM

There are enthusiasts out there willing to pay, just wait. Yours is a very clean example. I was on the hunt for a GG evo IX SE for a very long time until I came across mine with only 53k miles on it. The exterior and interior are both almost immaculate. People who don't know these cars say I paid too much for a 2006 but to me, it's the car I've always wanted and I'm happy. Someone out there will buy it for your asking price or close to it at least. I've seen people on CL asking for the same or more and their examples are horrible.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

That's a really nice EVO. Perhaps the market is softening a bit with the new Focus coming or only 60k or less cars are getting higher prices. I don't know. Being a CA car is a huge plus though, so play the waiting game and see what happens. Your car is basically my car except I don't have the JDM rear.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ayyrock
There are enthusiasts out there willing to pay, just wait. Yours is a very clean example. I was on the hunt for a GG evo IX SE for a very long time until I came across mine with only 53k miles on it. The exterior and interior are both almost immaculate. People who don't know these cars say I paid too much for a 2006 but to me, it's the car I've always wanted and I'm happy. Someone out there will buy it for your asking price or close to it at least. I've seen people on CL asking for the same or more and their examples are horrible.
Originally Posted by njboy
That's a really nice EVO. Perhaps the market is softening a bit with the new Focus coming or only 60k or less cars are getting higher prices. I don't know. Being a CA car is a huge plus though, so play the waiting game and see what happens. Your car is basically my car except I don't have the JDM rear.
Thanks for the feedback guys! Yea I haven't been super active posting it, so I probably just need to keep the ad up or post it in more places.

Also do you think I should maybe trade my Ohlins for MR suspension + cash? I have one offer on that right now. Seems like no one knows what the Ohlins are or are willing to pay for them at all and they're really not adding value to the car.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 08:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by red_dragon128
Also do you think I should maybe trade my Ohlins for MR suspension + cash? I have one offer on that right now. Seems like no one knows what the Ohlins are or are willing to pay for them at all and they're really not adding value to the car.
Parting out is ALWAYS better financially. You are right, they are not adding value, even though they are a great product. Absolutely do the suspension swap. Plus then the car is more "stock".

Hang in there!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Parting out is ALWAYS better financially. You are right, they are not adding value, even though they are a great product. Absolutely do the suspension swap. Plus then the car is more "stock".

Hang in there!
Any idea how much MR shocks are worth? Haha. I've never tried to buy a set so I have no clue.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car is nearly stock with 100k miles. Someone offered you $21k, and you're asking $24k? Seems like a fair offer, and time is money, you're paying insurance on it, that cash could be doing something else for you right now. Unless you REALLY need the $3k. I'm assuming a counter at $22k was rejected? I paid $23k for mine with 48k miles, and a lot more mods. Granted I spent a couple grand fixing those mods, but the car is a champ now, and I'm only in it slightly for above your asking. I'd drop your asking to $23k, and take $22k, but that's just my opinion. Someone might pay more.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 04:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Over 101k miles....I'm automatically asking myself if you've performed a major service recently, how are the tires, brakes, clutch and flywheel, and the usual wear/tear items and even the unusual. You're in a limited market swamped by uneducated buyers with limited liquidity, usually relying 100% on bank loans, and said banks will not loan out 100% of your asking price. If you want to attract buyers, make sure you're up to snuff on your records so you can prove your car isn't on it's death bed and be up front with the potential buyer.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 04:34 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Nice car man. I wish I had a IX SE. My close friend had the same car and sold it. He kicks himself nowadays. I wish I bought his and sold my '03.

Craigslist is a cesspool. Something I've learned over the years from buying and selling, if you're not in a rush to sell, ask high and patiently wait for the right buyer. I feel that your price is fair. Expand your market exposure. A SoCal evo is gold.

Perhaps, like someone mentioned, swap your suspension to make up for a possible lower sale price + cash in your pocket.

My friends GG IX SE had 55k and he got $20k for it... 3 years ago. I just texted him, he said he's missing his Evo haha.

Best of luck
Old Aug 20, 2015, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Just sold a 31K mile Non MR SE. Had cams and bolt ons. For $25K.

For reference.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say with those miles and in that condition and if the major services were completed, 21-23k is reasonable. Stand your ground on your price though unless you're rushing to sell it. Like the other guys said the right buyer will come and scoop it up from ya.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
You should take off the Ohlins and JDM rear and sell them separately. If you no longer have your stock pieces, offer to trade another evo owner for their stock stuff + cash. Then sell the Evo for $20-21k or see what you can get for it as a trade in.

Last edited by nemsin; Aug 21, 2015 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: How much is my 06 GG Evo IX SE worth?