Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

crank, fuel and spark. no start

Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crank, fuel and spark. no start

hello guys. i just got my turbo back from being rebuilt after almlost 2 month. put it back on the car to fire it up and it wouldnt fire for 10 minutes, it finally fired. let it run and all. and we shut if off. it wouldnt fire back up, so we started doing diagnostics on it.
fuel is at 43psi. there is spark. we testted my cop set up on another evo. fired right up. checked fueses, relays, i checked maybe timing had skipped. timming looks fine. i took the spakr plugs out and they looked dry., even tho we were smelling the engine getting flooded with fuel... can was runing good before i took the turbo out. any help wouldbe much appreciated,. thank you.... what concerns me it did start and ran just fine, after we shut it off it didnt wanna start, its wanting to start but it isnt happening
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:15 PM

this is an evo 8, built 2.4 long rod. 280cams, crower valve srings. ported head.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How's the condition of the battery? Sitting for 2 months might be enough time to drain the battery. How did it started after 10 mins? When I got my evo it had a bad battery and even with a jump to give it more juice it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery and sprayed some starting fluid and the car starts fine after that.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Also worth mentioning, what injectors do you have?

Had to diagnose the same problem with a friends car, it turns out he had high impedance injectors but he neglected to install the resistor pack delete.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Pull the charge pipe off the throttle body and try to start it. If it starts, your turbo is causing some kind of restriction.

If no start,

Like someone else stated, spray starter fluid into the TB with throttle plate cracked.

Now if it starts and runs for a little, I would think the injectors are suspect especially if the car ran E85 and it sat for two months.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by stefenboy
How's the condition of the battery? Sitting for 2 months might be enough time to drain the battery. How did it started after 10 mins? When I got my evo it had a bad battery and even with a jump to give it more juice it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery and sprayed some starting fluid and the car starts fine after that.
the batter is sitting at 12.5 volts. first time it started after 10 minutes it was just after alot of cranking

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
Also worth mentioning, what injectors do you have?

Had to diagnose the same problem with a friends car, it turns out he had high impedance injectors but he neglected to install the resistor pack delete.
i have bosch 2000 low empidence. car was running fine before i took the turbo out and thats all i did.

[QUOTE=Migsubishi;11579198]Pull the charge pipe off the throttle body and try to start it. If it starts, your turbo is causing some kind of restriction.

If no start,

Like someone else stated, spray starter fluid into the TB with throttle plate cracked.

Now if it starts and runs for a little, I would think the injectors are suspect especially if the car ran E85 and it sat for two months.[/QUOT
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:54 AM

a quick update guys. i drained all of the old e85 and replaced it with new e85. cleaned the injectors out, and jumped the car with my tundra. she fired from the first crank thanks to all your help
now ihave the hose that comes from the valve cover driver side disconnected. and it is shooting fumes out. like hard, especially when it started. and if i puluuged it in the intake pipe the idle drops. any ideas on that? i am doing a speed density tune and a catch can hopefully tomorow. \