Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Recommended battery maintainer brand/model?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommended battery maintainer brand/model?

Hey everyone,

I知 looking for input regarding which brand/model of battery maintainer to purchase.

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX that I only use on weekends and it stays hooked up to a battery maintainer while stored in my garage. My Schumacher battery maintainer is getting quite old and I am looking to replace it with a new unit.

Basically I知 looking for a maintainer that can safely maintain a battery charge for a long period of time without overcharging. I知 not looking for the unit to be able to jump start a vehicle or come with any gadgets such as USB charging ports and such.

I am running a stock Mitsubishi OEM battery so I will need a battery maintainer that can charge a standard sealed lead acid battery. I am currently running Optima Red Tops in my other cars so having a maintainer that charged both lead acid batteries and glass mat (AGM) batteries is a plus.

I have already researched Optima痴 1200 series charger and have decided to look elsewhere due to numerous negative reviews regarding long term reliability and durability.

Cheers!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
http://smartercharger.com/products/b...multi-us-7002/

The ctek multi us 7002 is what I use... give the guys at www.stmtuned.com a holler and pick one up...
Old Jul 14, 2016, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Schumacher. can usually pick them up at A-zone, Oriellys. etc. Solid state small- work like a champ --not too expensive.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a C-Tek 3300. Very high reviews. Super easy to use. Reverse polarity protection. charges agm batteries.