Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Slave cylinder hardline leaking. Help!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slave cylinder hardline leaking. Help!

hi, I have a nisei upper intercooler pipe that I did not realize was resting on the clutch hardline. The other day clutch pedal would not come back up and sure enough there was brake fluid all around the master slave cylinder and hard line. I tried to reconnect the hardline to slave, but it is still leaking.

I attached a picture showing the flare end of the hardline, is that where the leak is probably coming from? Or could it be from the nut?

thanks for your help!

Old Sep 6, 2016, 09:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I run the same Nisei pipe & mine is very close as well. Could be a loose nut (see attached torque requirements). Could be a small crack in the pipe itself or just that the pipe is cocked in the threaded fitting

No sealant is called out at that fitting. I would make sure the pipe is straight into the fitting & torque it up (12ft lbs) Bleed the system & see what happens

Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
The head of the pressure fitting looks damaged. Try removing and adding yellow teflon on threads and retest.

Yellow teflon because its petro resistant
Old Sep 8, 2016, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Thread sealant of teflon isnt gunna do anything for you. That is an inverse flare aka a double flare which is just like brake lines and they seal on the actual flare or bevel or whatever you wanna call it not on the threads like a NPT.

You have a few options. If you have a flaring tool and have made flares before then I would cut it right on the edge and make a new flare. Im guessing since you asked you do not have experience with this so I would then resort to option 2 or 3. Option 2 is to replace the line with a new clutch line. Option 3 is to replace the line with an aftermarket SS clutch line.

If this were me I would go with either option 1 if I had to get the car running ASAP or option 3 if I had time.