Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can I import an Canadian Evo X into the U.S

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I import an Canadian Evo X into the U.S

Hello new member here, Im looking to import an Evo X into the U.S from Canada is it possiable?
Are there any issues with U.S customs?
Are there any Major differences between USDM vs Canadian Evo that could prevent U.S entry?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Call US customs and tell them what car you want to bring over. They will tell you exactly what all you will need. Then I highly recommend you schedule the date/time for both you and the seller to meet with customs at the border. This way you are both present to sign any and all necessary paperwork and answer any questions customs has. What you don't want, is to try to get the car through customs and then find out you are missing 'something'.
The following users liked this post:
RRuil001 (Oct 20, 2016)
Old Oct 19, 2016, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
The FE Evo X may not be able to come over. We got the Recaros on ours but the US cars no longer have them due to new safety protocols. We've been importing cars here for ages. Girlfriends dad bought a USDM GTR and 350Z before they were even for sale in Canada, just had to get Daytime Running Lights installed, and brought them over no issues as they met all crash requirements etc. Hopefully it's just as easy bringing them down as it is to ship them up.
RRuil001 (Oct 20, 2016)
Old Oct 19, 2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ferp
The FE Evo X may not be able to come over. We got the Recaros on ours but the US cars no longer have them due to new safety protocols. We've been importing cars here for ages. Girlfriends dad bought a USDM GTR and 350Z before they were even for sale in Canada, just had to get Daytime Running Lights installed, and brought them over no issues as they met all crash requirements etc. Hopefully it's just as easy bringing them down as it is to ship them up.
Thanks for response Im looking to get 08 or 2010 Evo X so far it seems USDM and Canadian Evo x of those years are pretty much the same but Before I pull the trigger I will contact U.S customs and get the required paperwork. Think the bumpers are diffierent and daytime running lights for Canadian Evo X.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RRuil001
Thanks for response Im looking to get 08 or 2010 Evo X so far it seems USDM and Canadian Evo x of those years are pretty much the same but Before I pull the trigger I will contact U.S customs and get the required paperwork. Think the bumpers are diffierent and daytime running lights for Canadian Evo X.
Yeah the only difference I know of for sure are the DTRL's. Best of luck, enjoy how bad our dollar is.
RRuil001 (Oct 20, 2016)
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
2008 Canadian Evo 10's had the big booty bumpers.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ian-vs-us.html
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello new member here, Im looking to import an Evo X into the U.S from Canada is it possiable?
Are there any issues with U.S customs?
Are there any Major differences between USDM vs Canadian Evo that could prevent U.S entry?

Thanks!

I know a decent amount about vehicle importing. Yes you can import it. Worst case scenario is you will have to fix daytime running lights. Why not get a 16 FE from Canada? They come with the recaros there w the sexy stitching.
RRuil001 (Oct 20, 2016)
Old Oct 20, 2016, 05:02 AM

.Here in FL you wont find a used evo X for less than 17k-19k
im excited! its gonna be one serious road trip!! I will def do an a full car inspection underbody included.

Last edited by RRuil001; Oct 20, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

DTRL are not a big deal and In the states are not federally required last time I checked so if the canadian Evos have it thats ok. The exchange rate is a big plus.. here in FL you wont find a used evo X for less than 17k-19k
im excited! its gonna be one serious road trip!!
If the car is from out east get an inspection checking for rust, it's seriously gross out there.