Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Blistein shocks

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 05:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Blistein shocks

I was looking into doing the blistein with swift r spec springs. I was searching up on tire rack and they seem to have the b6 and the b8. I was wondering which one will be better for the swift r spec lowering springs. I plan to use the car mainly for daily, and backroad and once in a while auto cross and track. Which one would be a better pair with the swift r spec lowering springs? Thank you! Also would like to ask, which rotors to get stoptech slotted or dba 4000? They are both slotted but stoptech is cheaper but I don't want to lose performance. Is there a difference between these 2?
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Nov 13, 2016)
Old Nov 12, 2016, 06:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Heres some verbiage direct from Bilstein

B6 - Heavy Duty (HD) Shocks & Struts
Bilstein B6 Heavy Duty monotube gas pressure shocks and struts are the ideal choice for most vehicles, including full-size sedans, SUVs and trucks. These shocks provide improved handling and stability, without sacrificing ride comfort. They offer super damping ability that makes them ideal for the driver who demands superior performance, while maintaining an exceptional street ride. (yellow paint, steel body)
B8 - Sport (SP) Shocks & Struts
Bilstein B8 Sport monotube shocks and struts deliver absolute mastery of the road surface for the performance-minded driver. Designed to push a car's suspension to its performance peak, these shocks are specifically suited for use with special lowering springs in combination with anti-sway bars or other suspension upgrades. (yellow paint, steel body)

Based on how I use the EvO i would get the B8's for sure. As far as rotors, save yourself a few bucks and get the very robust Centric High Carbon blanks. A lot of us have tracked these rotors

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Nov 12, 2016 at 07:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
weeeeeeeeee (Nov 12, 2016)