Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I think it is time to move on from the evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:27 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by 04itr
I completely understand your point of view. I saw you used to own a Type R, do you ever miss that?
Absolutely. If I could get another I would, but I paid $15k for mine, back in '06, with less than 50k mi, if I remember right. They are STILL going for that, but with around 90-100k mi, last I checked. As much as I love the car and would like another one, I can't bring myself to pay that much (I'd want to find a CLEAN, stock one). It's the same with that AE86 Corolla. I loved the one I had and would like another, but prices are f**king stupid. And Supras, and...
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
..... and Evos as well lol

At least I feel that way, I've been wanting one for years but the prices don't go down and the milage on them goes up. I have looked into Type R's as well, I always wanted to find a clean one to keep stock but they don't exist anymore.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:51 AM
kaj

..... and Evos as well lol

At least I feel that way, I've been wanting one for years but the prices don't go down and the milage on them goes up. I have looked into Type R's as well, I always wanted to find a clean one to keep stock but they don't exist anymore.
My ITR was in PERFECT condition. The seller pulled all the OEM stuff off when his parents bought it and replaced it with aftermarket. When I got it, the wheels, seats, etc were brand new. It even had the original tires LOL. The Paint looked wet. I got the OEM body kit, checkered floor mats.. all the options. That's why I was willing to pay so much.
Then i took it to the track. No way do I have a car like that and NOT drive the crap out of it. LOL.
Evos are weird. the prices are near or in the $20k's but then you will find one for, like $13k LOL. I do feel the cheap ones are few and far between.. probably going away soon. If you intend to get one, now is the time. I know someone selling one.. And yes: the mileage is going up because we all love to drive them.
I know I will regret selling this car (I was depressed for a year, between the time I sold my first one and then finally bought my current Evo), but the car has reached it's limitations for my budget and skill level. It's replacement will be much simpler, cheaper to maintain, and faster. I can't say "no" to that.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Oh yeah they exist. A low mileage bone stock 97 ITR all numbers matching sold for $43k this year. Any other year in same condition will go for $35k+. Just expect to pay dearly if you want to find a nice stock one.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
My ITR was in PERFECT condition. The seller pulled all the OEM stuff off when his parents bought it and replaced it with aftermarket. When I got it, the wheels, seats, etc were brand new. It even had the original tires LOL. The Paint looked wet. I got the OEM body kit, checkered floor mats.. all the options. That's why I was willing to pay so much.
Then i took it to the track. No way do I have a car like that and NOT drive the crap out of it. LOL.
Evos are weird. the prices are near or in the $20k's but then you will find one for, like $13k LOL. I do feel the cheap ones are few and far between.. probably going away soon. If you intend to get one, now is the time. I know someone selling one.. And yes: the mileage is going up because we all love to drive them.
I know I will regret selling this car (I was depressed for a year, between the time I sold my first one and then finally bought my current Evo), but the car has reached it's limitations for my budget and skill level. It's replacement will be much simpler, cheaper to maintain, and faster. I can't say "no" to that.
What car are you planning on replacing your Evo with?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:04 PM

43k for a Type R. That's absolutely insane.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:08 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Oh yeah they exist. A low mileage bone stock 97 ITR all numbers matching sold for $43k this year. Any other year in same condition will go for $35k+. Just expect to pay dearly if you want to find a nice stock one.
A friend of mine has a BEAT '97. But it's still a '97, which is cool. I wouldn't buy another unless it were EXACTLY what i wanted, which is a '98. I prefer the 98+ bumpers but want CW. Mine was black.. what a nightmare to keep nice LOL. Since it's just the one year, I don't really expect to find one. I do not really want another black one but i would consider Phoenix Yellow if a good deal popped up. But a CW '98 is where it's at for me!

What car are you planning on replacing your Evo with?
Factory Five 818c. As much as I'm NOT happy about the Subaru drivetrain, I would be leaving it stock with a tune. I'm sure it will will happily live at 300whp (would be using a 2.5L from a 2006WRX). Easy to work on, cheap parts, 300whp and about 1900lbs. **** yes.
and **** smog
and **** the police.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
A friend of mine has a BEAT '97. But it's still a '97, which is cool. I wouldn't buy another unless it were EXACTLY what i wanted, which is a '98. I prefer the 98+ bumpers but want CW. Mine was black.. what a nightmare to keep nice LOL. Since it's just the one year, I don't really expect to find one. I do not really want another black one but i would consider Phoenix Yellow if a good deal popped up. But a CW '98 is where it's at for me!
Agree! The 98 is it for me also. I wasn't a huge fan of the 97 front and rear end and ITRs look best in CW.

Originally Posted by kaj
Factory Five 818c. As much as I'm NOT happy about the Subaru drivetrain, I would be leaving it stock with a tune. I'm sure it will will happily live at 300whp (would be using a 2.5L from a 2006WRX). Easy to work on, cheap parts, 300whp and about 1900lbs. **** yes.
and **** smog
and **** the police.
That sounds like an absolute riot, especially at the price point. You sure you don't want to keep the Evo around for a weekend car?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:49 PM

I also prefer the 98+. My first car was a that burgundy looking automatic 98 Integra. I don't remeber the color code for it. I have a hard time between the 98+ front end or the JDM front. Depending on the car, they both look great.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:51 PM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj

and **** smog
and **** the police.
I've been wanting the Factory Five GTM supercar for like a decade, it will happen some day. I want to be able to do the whole thing myself though, its on the bucket list.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

I also prefer the 98+. My first car was a that burgundy looking automatic 98 Integra. I don't remeber the color code for it. I have a hard time between the 98+ front end or the JDM front. Depending on the car, they both look great.
Both front ends are nice if done right. However if you are looking to buy one new with the intention to sell later on for a profit, get the stock front.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 03:27 PM
kaj

Agree! The 98 is it for me also. I wasn't a huge fan of the 97 front and rear end and ITRs look best in CW.

That sounds like an absolute riot, especially at the price point. You sure you don't want to keep the Evo around for a weekend car?

gotta sell the Evo to fund the project. Believe me, I DON'T wanna.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 03:29 PM
kaj

JDM front. No question.

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I've been wanting the Factory Five GTM supercar for like a decade, it will happen some day. I want to be able to do the whole thing myself though, its on the bucket list.
Agreed. Nobody touches my cars but me. LOL
Old Dec 8, 2016, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

For a while I've been thinking of selling my Evo 8 as well, and putting those funds towards a new Charger Hellcat, or a used 2007-2009 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD coupe if I could find one in decent shape. But after much thought I'll probably hold onto the Evo for a bit longer.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have this thought from time to time. It always come down to how I can't see myself not owning at least one evo and what would I possibly ever replace it with? Another evo? I'll keep what I have. I would love to pay the rest of this car off and keep it as long as possible.

Quick Reply: I think it is time to move on from the evo