Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I think it is time to move on from the evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I think it is time to move on from the evo

Pretty sure there will be a part out coming. I have had so much fun in this car but just cannot do it anymore. My car has been a trooper and never let me down. But I think I am getting to old or just scared that I will do something stupid in the car. I will wait until the new year just to make 100% sure.

I don't have plans for any other car, but when I do get one it will stay bone *** stock.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
I'd like to once again respond to this sort of thread with:

Unless of course my knee goes out or something, then I'll be joining you in that PDK Boxster or whatever.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
when you get real old you'll want to do silly stuff again in one, trust me
Old Nov 20, 2016, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hate to see you get out of it man, but I understand as I occasionally think the same till i take a ride in her again ...lol
Thanks to all your contributions to this forum!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I am going through that phase as well. Owned an eagle talon back in Montreal for 4 years, and the evo for 6 years. Every time I try to consider another option, such as a GTR or anything else, I am reminded that it will probably cost me 3x as much as it did, if not more, to build my evo.

Then I take a ride in her and remember how awesome she is.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Yes that is the hard part, for the price you cannot beat an evo. I just don't drive it the way I used to. I slow down for corners now. Even at the track I don't push it.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:18 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Try and think about what car you might replace it with, then go rent one for a week. Then at the end of that week drive your evo and see how it feels.

For me it has gotten pretty normal driving an evo. Then I drive something else for a while and when I get back in my evo the fire is reignited. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Nov 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ya I have heard that from a few people. That is what sucks about the evo there is nothing else like it. Mine has been very good to me.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Lmk im driving distance to part out.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Try and think about what car you might replace it with, then go rent one for a week. Then at the end of that week drive your evo and see how it feels.

For me it has gotten pretty normal driving an evo. Then I drive something else for a while and when I get back in my evo the fire is reignited. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.
that's a very good idea. I need to do the same with an e92 m3 (to know if I even want one at all, not to replace evo - nothing's going to do that)

Originally Posted by TheBoz
Yes that is the hard part, for the price you cannot beat an evo. I just don't drive it the way I used to. I slow down for corners now. Even at the track I don't push it.
There's nothing wrong with that. If it's fun on a cruise and that's all you want to do, more power to you. Doesn't need to be used strictly for autox and track days and that's it.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm almost there myself... Just no time or money with a 15 month old. Probably start by selling the FP Red and go from there. Its just sitting on jack stands with a blown headgasket and sold the wheels and my AR15 to go toward building the engine. Have to sell my bike too. The evo has just become a chore.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by XSivPSI
I'm almost there myself... Just no time or money with a 15 month old. Probably start by selling the FP Red and go from there. Its just sitting on jack stands with a blown headgasket and sold the wheels and my AR15 to go toward building the engine. Have to sell my bike too. The evo has just become a chore.
damn. I learned my lesson and got away from that about 4 years ago now. so much easier to enjoy near stock
Old Nov 23, 2016, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoever said that the way to fall in love with your Evo all over again is to drive something else for a week speaks truth.

My overwhelming fear is not that I won't enjoy my Evo, but that something will break and I will not be able to find parts for it.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
I drove my brothers stock evo 8 for about a week. No wayy
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I had a chance to drive a friend's CLA45 AMG, and it reminded me why I love my evo.
Yes mine is heavily modded with a 6466 in comparison to the stock Mercedes, although the transmission is garbage on that thing. Dual clutch and it shifts slower than a Manual.

A buddy's evo 9 with an exhaust + tune beat the Mercedes. Interior is nothing special either, although I love the Recaro seats in that thing !!!

Quick Reply: I think it is time to move on from the evo