Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SES thrown after cold start, suggestions needed.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
SES thrown after cold start, suggestions needed.

Today I started my car to warmup in the ~15 degree F weather, in which my car does not idle of a cold start. So when i started my car this morning I held it at around 1700-2000 rpms and after the car died one time the SES light came on. The engine did not sound like it was firing on all cylinders when i started it but i have never started it when it was that cold (sometimes it will hold idle, just today was not that day). After the temperature got up the car ran fine. I did not have the time to log my engine code and if it is still there after work today i will get it logged to see what the problem is. Any engine gurus have any ideas on what this could be? thanks!

Well I have good news! I believe that the weather messes with my wiring because my AEM gauges do not turn on. When I checked the code it was P500 (Wheel speed sensor). I should probably work on building a garage or other space to give the car the shelter it deserves

Last edited by jheff; Jan 11, 2017 at 05:27 AM.