Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Moving to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Hawaii

I don't know if this is the right place but admin can you please move this thread if it's not in the right place. Thanks!

So like the title says, I'll be moving back to Hawaii in about two months after living in California for 12 years. I was wondering what shop do you guys recommend or use in Oahu and what shipping company did you guys use to ship the car out there?

Thanks!🤙
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know two guys who used Pasha to ship vehicles back and forth and both had good things to say about the company. I want to say they paid between 1K-1.5k per vehicle but don't quote me on that.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I used Pasha to ship my cars 2 years ago. Cost me roughly $1200 per car. I would recommend them again.

As far as shops in Hawaii, I am not sure who specializes in Evos. You could try the 808 Evo facebook page. They could probably recommend one to you.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 05:06 PM

Yeah don't know of any shops sorry I just remember shipping rates were outrageous for parts. Maybe check for shops on Maui.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 05:18 PM

Ok maybe I'm using Hawaii in a general term. Moving to Oahu. I'll be in Mililani, thanks for all the replies
Originally Posted by kwpilot
Yeah don't know of any shops sorry I just remember shipping rates were outrageous for parts. Maybe check for shops on Maui.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 03:44 PM

Tracking, I know milliani well was just saying maybe for ordering parts it might be cheaper to find a supplier on a neighboring island. Sorry for the confusion.
Old May 1, 2017, 07:14 AM

In terms of recommending shops... for modding work? Yourself... There is no one on island that I'd use for work. Most of my buddies just order a built block from Buschur, MAP, etc... and install it themselves and remote e-tune at RAD's dyno. E-85 is about $90 for 5 gallons and the 92 oct all there is... I ran 50/50% 92/116 oct gas for "street runs." Enjoy the Hawaii traffic lol jk
Old May 1, 2017, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Armando0766
In terms of recommending shops... for modding work? Yourself... There is no one on island that I'd use for work. Most of my buddies just order a built block from Buschur, MAP, etc... and install it themselves and remote e-tune at RAD's dyno. E-85 is about $90 for 5 gallons and the 92 oct all there is... I ran 50/50% 92/116 oct gas for "street runs." Enjoy the Hawaii traffic lol jk
$90 for five gallons of E-85? Holy ****. At least you can finally get it on island but still.

I remember when RAD's first installed that dyno. I was one of the first Evos to ever use it. They failed and ran a strap under my dump (which was quickly burned through) and my car almost jumped off. Good times.
Old May 1, 2017, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Is that Renegade's E-85 from Ron's Performance? It really is a rip off but then again shipping race fuels to Hawaii is expensive. Cost of living in paradise...
Old May 1, 2017, 10:35 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Hawaii = nice life decision. Hawaii = bad race car decision.

I'm jealous and would love to live there, if not for being into cars/racing/etc. But when I retire from driving.... naw. Never happen. Okay, so if I become disabled and CAN'T drive... then I'd love to move there.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Hawaii = nice life decision. Hawaii = bad race car decision.

I'm jealous and would love to live there, if not for being into cars/racing/etc. But when I retire from driving.... naw. Never happen. Okay, so if I become disabled and CAN'T drive... then I'd love to move there.
I'll move back to Oahu when they put a new track (and not just the promise of one like KRP was).

That and if/when I can make enough money to actually live there.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:32 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I'll move back to Oahu when they put a new track (and not just the promise of one like KRP was).

That and if/when I can make enough money to actually live there.
now THAT would be paradise. .
Old May 1, 2017, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats on moving back to Hawaii! I eventually want to move there with my wife. We both fell in love with the place when we went for our honey moon.
Old May 1, 2017, 06:52 PM

Thanks. My wife and I are originally from there. My wife has been wanting to move back for a while and I finally gave in and applied for jobs when we went to visit my inlaws. Happy wife happy life, right? Jk

So since my car is stock I'm just looking for a place to bring it for maintenance type thing. I would love to mod but I got a 4.5 year old and a 1 year old.
And my other option is to sell the car. And I've already got it listed.

Originally Posted by evostanman
Congrats on moving back to Hawaii! I eventually want to move there with my wife. We both fell in love with the place when we went for our honey moon.
Old May 2, 2017, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've said it before, but don't use intercontinental group or arpin international group for your move. I shipped my Evo cross country with them and it was a horrible experience. GL with your move, there is a community there from what I've read so I'm sure there are a few reliable shops.

Quick Reply: Moving to Hawaii