Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is my evo 9 mr worth

Old Sep 28, 2017, 06:01 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Zhul
I don't have to believe everything on the internet because this isn't the first of the 5 evo's they have sold for a outrageous price. The white and red one sold for a lot. This grey one is the first one made public. Unless you know Sam and Abbas personally then don't assume you know more.
You dropped a name, so you must be right. You win. Evos will soon be with millions because Zhul says so.

Last edited by kaj; Sep 28, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaj
You dropped a name, so you must be right. You win. Evos will soon be with millions because Zhul days so.
Why thank you i appreciate it.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
To buy a car, not drive it/moth ball it for 20yrs, and make (maybe) $20-30k just isn't where it's at for me. But to each their own.
correct to each their own... its not all about money for some people... $30k is a drop in the bucket for some people so the "investment" is in the fact they own a rare mint condition specimen of a car that will be in such low numbers 10 to 15 years from now.

Originally Posted by XGon'GiveItToYa
Not to mention you can earn far more investing your $$$ elsewhere
no car purchase is ever a good financial investment... unless you are buying exotics and those cost heap loads to begin with... which brings back the same point. No car is truly is a good "financial investment." again its more about ownership.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 09:55 PM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
think of a time when all cars are as fast or faster then a tesla P100D, with better range, can drive by themselves, and can operate in places person driven cars cannot. How much will any car on the roads today be worth? This time is in the very not to distant future.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 03:37 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
...This time is in the very not to distant future.
The thought of this bums me out.

Last edited by kaj; Oct 4, 2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
And someday Formula E will be more popular than Nasar. But not any day soon.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by nemsin
And someday Formula E will be more popular than Nasar. But not any day soon.
i dont really see the analogy. Sports preferences =/= market forces.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

The analogy, is that people are not excited about electric race cars. Whether watching them on TV, driving them on the track, or running down to the dealer to buy one. People like the rumble of a good'ol internal combustion engine. "How many batteries does that thing hold" just doesn't get the juices flowing.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 01:56 PM

maybe not yet, but when your getting your doors blown off by granny in her grocery getter every time, peoples attitudes will change. 100% instantaneous torque at any rpm is a hell of a thing. Hot rodding will just evolve, instead of a bigger turbo or aftermarket heads, people will be installing upgraded power supplies, or super capacitor packs etc.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
maybe not yet, but when your getting your doors blown off by granny in her grocery getter every time, peoples attitudes will change. 100% instantaneous torque at any rpm is a hell of a thing. Hot rodding will just evolve, instead of a bigger turbo or aftermarket heads, people will be installing upgraded power supplies, or super capacitor packs etc.
This is way off topic, but i know what he means. Anyone that messes with hobby remote control cars know about the "gas powered" ones. I have a brushless electric and it will blow the "doors" off of a gas powered of the same size. I enjoy the heck out of it even if it is electric powered.

ANYWAY.. it all goes back to the saying "its only worth what someone is willing to pay"
and also how much the owner is willing to take. Some people get a hecka good deal on low mileage rare cars. But that doesnt mean someone wont pay 35k for this car.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 03:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by slocho
This is way off topic, but i know what he means. Anyone that messes with hobby remote control cars know about the "gas powered" ones. I have a brushless electric and it will blow the "doors" off of a gas powered of the same size. I enjoy the heck out of it even if it is electric powered.

ANYWAY.. it all goes back to the saying "its only worth what someone is willing to pay"
and also how much the owner is willing to take. Some people get a hecka good deal on low mileage rare cars. But that doesnt mean someone wont pay 35k for this car.
Yup, I experienced this too. When I first got into the hobby, glow engine was the way to go. Electric rc cars were slow and unimpressive. In fact I had 5 Nitro powered rc cars to date, one of them being the 3 speed, 80mph nitro fusion, and none of them can touch my 1/10th scale electric mamba max pro brushless touring car .

I think that we are a long way from electric being as practical as gas, but maybe one day when the world is covered with charging stations, it will be
Old Oct 4, 2017, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
When electric car range is 600 miles and the motel parking lot is filled with chargers, the day of the internal combustion engine has ended.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 06:27 PM
kaj

I disagree. If I wanted to be the fastest, no matter what, I'd be driving something else right now. I have more fun in my car than any 6000lb torque monster.

Originally Posted by barneyb
When electric car range is 600 miles and the motel parking lot is filled with chargers, the day of the internal combustion engine has ended.
When it comes to new car sales, I can see that being the case, sadly. Why keep polluting the air when there is a clean way to drive (assuming batteries and power stations don't do more damage than emissions).
I wouldn't mind sticking it to the oil barons.... though PG&E is probably drooling at the idea.....
Old Oct 5, 2017, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

To each their own. I don't imagine I will ever be evoless. Even if someday there is also a Prius-S in my driveway
Old Oct 5, 2017, 04:16 PM

so what if mitsubishi came out with a new all electric rally car and started selling them to the masses.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is my evo 9 mr worth