Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Some days are just bad days

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh man, what a bummer! My evo is always broken, so I don't need to worry about hitting animals often, even though sometimes I wish I could just accidently total it and be done with the car. haha!

Hoping you can get the car fixed up quick and back on the road!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
black evos matter
Old Apr 6, 2018, 09:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by FlashEvolution
Oh man, what a bummer! My evo is always broken, so I don't need to worry about hitting animals often, even though sometimes I wish I could just accidently total it and be done with the car. haha!

Sounds like you're ready to sell it !
Old Apr 6, 2018, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
LOL!
How much?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pal215
I wish! I've put almost 5k miles on the car in over 2 years, been nothing but a lemon since day one. It has now gotten to the point where I have stuck SO much money into maintenance and repairs, its not worth selling. By time I decide I want to be done with the car and sell it, something else breaks to the point no one would be interested in paying my asking price for a car that might not make it to their destination. haha! It's been an ongoing battle, but I have become so used to it that its become more of a lifestyle that I am used too and keeps me occupied. Most people start their conversations with me like "what broke on you evo this month?" or "I would ask you to come hang out but I assume you're working on the evo?"

I dream that some day, this will basically be a brand new evo after all my hard work and nothing will break for at least 6 months. If not, it would be nice if the worlds largest deer jumps out in front of me, moose hopefully. That way my insurance can see all my thousands of dollars in receipts and give me some slack.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Have you looked into how much your insurance will pay if you did total your car with a deer? Let me rephrase: Have you looked into how little your insurance will pay if a deer totals your car?
​​​​​​​

I wish! I've put almost 5k miles on the car in over 2 years, been nothing but a lemon since day one. It has now gotten to the point where I have stuck SO much money into maintenance and repairs, its not worth selling. By time I decide I want to be done with the car and sell it, something else breaks to the point no one would be interested in paying my asking price for a car that might not make it to their destination. haha! It's been an ongoing battle, but I have become so used to it that its become more of a lifestyle that I am used too and keeps me occupied. Most people start their conversations with me like "what broke on you evo this month?" or "I would ask you to come hang out but I assume you're working on the evo?"

I dream that some day, this will basically be a brand new evo after all my hard work and nothing will break for at least 6 months. If not, it would be nice if the worlds largest deer jumps out in front of me, moose hopefully. That way my insurance can see all my thousands of dollars in receipts and give me some slack.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
Have you looked into how much your insurance will pay if you did total your car with a deer? Let me rephrase: Have you looked into how little your insurance will pay if a deer totals your car?
​​​​​​​
no, I haven't haha. But I can be hopeful right? I have Progressive and a buddy of mine who also has Progressive totaled his RSX after doing a k24 swap, a JDM interior swap, suspension upgrades, cant remember everything else but progressive ended up paying him back for all his recent repairs and replacement upgrades. Paid him $8k for a 2003 5 speed base model RSX with 155k on it and he bought it back and parted it out haha. If we could all be that lucky, being I have never filed a claim, I have high hopes if I total the car I can get some money back lol
Old Apr 11, 2018, 09:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ouch, racoon got me a couple months back...

Old Apr 22, 2018, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by XVelocityX
Ouch, racoon got me a couple months back...

I feel your pain. Hopefully fixing that won’t be too expensive.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

All is good again in the world

What was lost now it’s found.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by patric78
Nice!
thanks. It’s a joy to have it back

Old Apr 30, 2018, 06:29 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
She looks good , keep her clean !
Old Apr 30, 2018, 07:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts

Glad it all worked out, for now.. but you gotta know when to stop the bleeding :P
Old May 2, 2018, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slocho
Bummer!! I had a tree branch fall on my hood last year.. from my own tree.
luckily i found an oem hood already painted tarmac black.
Good luck with the repairs. My insurance guy told me oem hoods cost 1200 before paint!
It this typical for all Evos ?