Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Power Steering Loop Delete

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Power Steering Loop Delete

Hi, I need to delete my power steering cooler or loop, because i am installing an stm coolant tank and an aftermarket intercooler soon. does anyone have pictures or information on how to do this? I have searched and have not been able to find any pics or specific information.

Thank you!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
not sure which intercooler your going to run, but my VRSF fits fine with the power steering cooler.

Edit, I see it’s the coolant tank that’s the issue. I’d give STM a call, I’m sure they have what you’d need to get this done.

Last edited by GSX_TO_EVO; Apr 25, 2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 07:26 PM

I have a vrsf going in also, but good thinking. i’ll give them a call for sure.
Originally Posted by GSX_TO_EVO
not sure which intercooler your going to run, but my VRSF fits fine with the power steering cooler.

Edit, I see it’s the coolant tank that’s the issue. I’d give STM a call, I’m sure they have what you’d need to get this done.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
They make a power steering delete kit. I actually have a used STM kit that I would be willing to sale. PM me if you are interested.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by cficare68
They make a power steering delete kit. I actually have a used STM kit that I would be willing to sale. PM me if you are interested.
I appreciate that, but I am going to keep the power steering as it is a street car. Just looking to get rid of that loop that goes in front of the radiator, that isn't necessary for my needs. Thank you!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BbotVIII
I appreciate that, but I am going to keep the power steering as it is a street car. Just looking to get rid of that loop that goes in front of the radiator, that isn't necessary for my needs. Thank you!
Oh gotcha. Sorry misunderstood you. Yes that is doable. I deleted mine. Since it is not a high pressure line I took the entire line from the rack to reservoir out and replaced the line with 8 an nylon braided line and just used hose clamps to clamp them down and each end. Has always worked great and have had no issues at all with it.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

This is about the best imagine that I could find to show what I did. I circled the line that I replaced it with to give you an idea how it is routed. Hopefully that helps.