Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 dash rattle.

Old Sep 12, 2018, 03:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Evo's interior build quality as we all know is not the best you can find. As stated earlier, rattle can occur from anywhere around the dash. I had the same issue because the previous owner had a dogbox transmission before, something that obviously increased rattle. There was also vibration, and found out that the mount behind gearbox was a soild one. As soon as I put back the oem one it helped a ton with the vibration but not with the rattle inside the dash. I found some directions and one day I unistalled the dash to search for the rattle. Many of screws which are inside the dash were loose. I tried to tight all the screws, but some of them no matter how much i screw them, they kept turning. Unfortunately I did not have locktite to settle them. When i installed it again, the rattle decreased a lot but not enough to completely stop. There is a small rattle in passenger side, exactly beneath carbon piece. Probably it will be one of those plastic pieces that hold the carbon in place. Hope this helps

Last edited by ConEvo; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:48 AM. Reason: corrections
Old Sep 16, 2018, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could just be that the interior quality of evo is just bad lol
Old Sep 16, 2018, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleDiamond
could just be that the interior quality of evo is just bad lol
Mitsubishi could have given us a dash festooned with buttons turning the car into a money pit. I notice the new car reviewers, reviewing pricey models, recommending only leasing. I saw a mechanic working on a vehicle with two can buses, high and low speed and twenty modules. This was on a pickup truck. In a few years nobody will want to fix these things, they will just be scrap.

Search this Thread