Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

More worth it to sell car as-is or part it out?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More worth it to sell car as-is or part it out?

Hey guys I'll be leaving the Evo game here shortly. My Evo 9 is a rebuilt title with around 85k miles. It's english built and I'm struggling to find buyers offering me over 16.5-17k. Should I take them up on that offer or part the entire car out? I feel parting it out would be more of a hassle than anything, and also kill me by doing so... I'll give a rundown of parts etc. This thread is not for selling any of these, just gauging other peoples opinions on which route to take.

Trans & xfercase
C-west front bumper and side-skirts
jdm rear
seibon +20mm fenders
sparco pro 2000s and brackets
Differential
volk CE28N gold w/ silver lip/polish
shell(rolling or not lol)
gsc s2's springs retainers lifters cams
ams hta gt3582r kit
SD intake ets
Grimspeed boost solenoid
ETS 3.5inch FMIC and piping
ETS mini-battery kit
Brembos
Fortune Auto 500s
Gauges, oil, volts, boost, afr
BR double pumper
headlights(9 SE)
Injectors 1300cc

I'd likely be keeping the built shortblock as I plan on throwing it into an E30 318i in the future.

That's just a writeup of the main parts I'd be selling. Would it be worth the time parting it out or should I just sell it to someone how it sits? Nothing wrong with it, just have stuff coming up in life.

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Going to be much faster and easier to sell as a whole. Thinking that's your best bet.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah definitely sell as a whole dude. as long as you are genuine and honest about the car and know your stuff you'll get someone who finds value in your asking price.
good luck with selling it.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I'd say you have a good bit of change with your Volks and Sparco's if you sold those separately. That is if you have the stock stuff to put back in.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
I'd say you have a good bit of change with your Volks and Sparco's if you sold those separately. That is if you have the stock stuff to put back in.
Agreed. Sell Volks separate and drop price. Work out a trade for stock wheels if you need something to throw back on.

A full part out would be a lot of work and time. Just pull the simple stuff and drop price as much as you can.

Edit... now that i see rebuilt title, part out may be best option for recouping money.

Last edited by DontStopMe; Mar 13, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 04:18 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Parting out is a hassle, unless you can find local peeps. Otherwise, there's a ton of shipping. You lose money there and PayPal fees. Then you have to find replacement parts. You gotta take time to do all the swapping.
if it's worth it to you ,then no biggie.
Selling as a whole is obviously sooo much easier, if you don't mind taking the "L".
The prices you are being offered are pretty fair, IMO. That's the price of a clean-titled Evo. Not bad at all.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 04:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
If you still have the oem front bumper and fenders, you can make a bit more money.
Especially if you can sell these first separately :

-seibon +20mm fenders
-C-west front bumper and side-skirts

People like having the stock body. Otherwise, those are fair offers for a car missing those parts, is modified, and has 85k miles.

Don't think of it as a loss.