Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MAPerformance want's your input!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Yes! Make the vlog of the build. I like seeing build threads and videos as they help give ideas on what we might like to do and who to contact for parts and or fabrication .
Old Mar 11, 2019, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by maperformance
Gentleman, I really appreciate your input so far!! One thing I would love to address right away is some of you are looking for competitive pricing quotes for our competitors. We have amazing relationships with our vendors and I know that I will beat if not at least match the pricing on the products you guys are seeing elsewhere. To be specific, Steven121 mentioned Manley and Wiseco, both of which I am direct with and have great relationships with, do not be discouraged by the website pricing. If you call us, send us an email or even PM me here I will make sure you are getting the best pricing available. Nobody here at MAP makes commission so we are always more than happy to help you guys out on prices, I am here for the love of performance machines and the culture. Now to address some of the other products you guys mentioned, more variations of the readily available turbo kits we make to adapt to more modern turbocharger solutions, weight saving, dry sump kits, better oil cooler and trans cooler kits, etc. These are all really good suggestions and I am going to bring every single one of them up to our manufacturing management! One thing I do want you guys to know, I am actively working on getting an Evo 8 roller for the shop as we speak. My idea with that car will be to personally vlog the entire build from the ground up, giving my personal recommendations on the parts we will put on the car, as well as some installation details. This wont be a 1,000whp+ track only car, my idea was to build a 500whp Evo 8 for the street that almost everyone can relate to. If this is something you guys would be interested in seeing as a MAP video series on Youtube, let me know your thoughts on that as well! Thank you so much for the participation so far, I look forward to seeing what else you guys have to say!
I wish I knew about that sooner otheriwse I would have made the order, I got the entire set complete excluding the acl bearings for $1250

if you can match or beat the exedy twin disc I will absolutely get that from you in a 1-2 weeks as my build comes closer to being finished. But ill call you in regards to that
Old Mar 12, 2019, 06:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 573 Likes on 431 Posts
The numero uno thing I'd like to see would be a proper aluminum oil pan for road course use like your X pan.

Also an aluminum LICP that eliminates the stock J pipe and the coupler on it. Essentially just a pipe that bolts to the turbo and has a coupler at the intercooler. I've already had one coupler crumble on me because the exhaust sits right there.

I'm sure I could think of other ideas but those are the first two to come to mind.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX

Flat underbody kit that covers the entire underbody of the Evo. Better aero. Doesnt need to be expensive carbon fiber as we will not be showing off the underbody. Just a high impact plastic or thin aluminum etc.. is fine.
This!! x2!

Or at least a decent under tray.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 08:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Titanium 3 point front strut brace competitively priced not like the super rare $600-800 dc sports, arc, carbing, or cusco (jdm) titanium braces.

Last edited by SoSoEVO; Mar 13, 2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Very good idea's here guys,

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but ..

A lightweight aluminum SLIM (like CSF Slim) radiator with relocated straight water neck would be nice at a good price.

A bolt on trans cooler kit for the 5 and 6 speed including pump and radiator. See my thread for example.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 02:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
E85 conversion kits, with fuel lines and fuel filter. including a selection for different fuel pump options.
Stock location compatible turbos. Would like a FP turbo without having to purchase their defective SS housings & reuse our own OEM MHI housings.
Thanks MAP
Old Mar 19, 2019, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I have another question... as long as I have your attention... where is the most effective way to get the feedback we need from you guys?

Would it be surprising to know that we do have a referral program in effect?
Would it be surprising to know that we do work with advocates and "street team" like influences?
Would it be surprising to know that we do price match whenever we CAN?

I would like to mention that I respect, value and appreciate the business and community that this platform has been such a huge influence on my life over the years, but I would like to say that I would like to bring value to the community when and every time I can. I understand what fair pricing means... but I can also say that price wars do make it harder for vendors to bring value to the table. Things like customer service, support, and general product knowledge often get traded away so that people can continue to afford to give the best possible pricing.

We are uncomfortable crossing the line every single time...not because we want to take every dollar we can get, but because the history of this company revolves around the struggle to bring value to this industry which we all love. I am sure that everyone here gets and understands that concern and I certainly don't want to sound preachy, but it is something that I think about all the time.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
How about a compound turbo setup where we can use any turbos of our choice?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have another question... as long as I have your attention... where is the most effective way to get the feedback we need from you guys?
Evo, DSM, or general performance car forums or email. Would have said social media in the past, but with the continued erosion of privacy I find my friends and I on it less and less.

Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
I'd even be happy if we couldn't! ATP had a twin turbo Evo, but unfortunately the guys I talk to there can't give me any information on it.

Also, I recently ordered a new CSC and CMC from MAP. I originally found it on MitsubishiPartsWarehouse for cheaper so I called them up and they had no problem matching their price.
Even though I've had very minor order issues with MAP in the past, they've always been super ontop of making me happy with just a single phonecall! Only thing I would wish for from you guys is an expanded OEM parts section, JDM and EDM parts would be absolutely amazing as it's a pain in the *** to google translate Japanese sites.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fox_IX:
maperformance (Mar 21, 2019), RussianEVO (Apr 18, 2019)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Hey guys!

Matt Akin from MAPerformance here, I just wanted to reach out to you all today to get some ideas of what you are looking to improve on the Evo 8/9 platforms. I am looking to revive our Evo 8/9 program here and would LOVE some input from our community on what products you wish were available, what could be improved and what you would like to see come out of the MAPerformance fab shop! Any and all ideas are welcome and who knows, maybe YOU will be the reason a new and or improved product gets released! I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!
Hi Matt, after today, I spent over $8k since I started modding my evo in April 2017. You guys are experts in draining my wallet! Matt Lutton is the top at bleeding my wallet dry!
Keep up the good work guys! Evo community thanks you for providing so many parts at really competitive prices!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not so much a request as a compliment, every single time I have dealt with you guys at MAP I am always impressed. Cool dudes to talk to every time.
and to second ^^^^ very good at taking my money!!! keep it up!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor

That is exactly my concern as well... along with the valuable content being pushed aside in favor of memes... and the general difficulty of being able to search for previous conversations... I have been feeling like a resurgence of Forums might be on the near horizon.

Originally Posted by seven10
Evo, DSM, or general performance car forums or email. Would have said social media in the past, but with the continued erosion of privacy I find my friends and I on it less and less.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
This would be EPIC... I think about something like this all the time!