Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 Won’t Hit Any Boost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Evo 8 Won’t Hit Any Boost

I’m having problems again with my evo for like the 100th time. But not given up on my evo lol.

Long story short
yesterday I took her out on a drive and headed out into town did a couple hard pulls and everything ran good no failures. This morning I was trying to start my car and before I even turned on the car, the dashboard CEL started flashing fast. I slowly proceed to turn on the car and let it warm up, gauges seem to read everything, no misfiring, no bad idling. Soon after I try to take her out on a drive and I was trying to hit boost, I wasn’t getting any boost just read 0. Car drives and don’t stutter but doesn’t go fast either. I’ve checked my piping and everything seems to be in tact and no leaks.
i don’t know what else can I check?
Like I said car drive great the day before with no issues and just happens to have CEL come on the next morning on its first start. Frustrating when these things occur, and more when it’s your only daily. Anything help , advice and suggestions welcome plz.

mods

stock cams
fp green turbo
stock transmission.
stm standard catch can
1100cc injectors
fuel pump (just installed about 2 months ago)
pump gas
SD
oem coil pack
Old Mar 17, 2019, 08:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Whats the CEL code ?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 08:14 PM

it flashes and CEL disappears but ain’t throwing me a code
Old Mar 17, 2019, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Are you running Tephra or anything? Fast flashing when the engine is off usually indicates that you've switched to an alternate map. Maybe it's false triggering?

Hitting 0 boost sounds like a mechanical issue, though. Even if you completely disconnect the BCS you should still be hitting wastegate pressure. Are you certain you're really hitting 0 boost, as in no more than 100kpa absolute?

It would be very helpful if you posted a datalog of a pull while you're having this issue.

Last edited by Fox_IX; Mar 19, 2019 at 01:59 AM. Reason: I said Tactrix instead of tephra because half asleep
Old Mar 18, 2019, 06:32 AM

Quick video ^^^
Old Mar 18, 2019, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Just a shot in the dark , but to you run a cat? If you do it could be clogged, I know a few people who made erratic boost , little, or none. Not saying it’s the problem but possibly could be. If you run a test pipe then disregard.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Whats the CEL code ?

the code is got was P0122 ( throttle/ pedal position sensor a circuit low input)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Rigo Flores

Quick video ^^^
Take a datalog, bro. Or at least have a friend take a video while you do a pull, that video wasn't very helpful at all.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 06:23 PM

It ended up being the TPS sensor after all.
i changed the sensor, went on to turning the switch and connecting my scanner and erasing the code. Once that was complete I went on and turned off the ignition & removing the battery cables for a few minutes and went on to put them back on and turning back on the car and went on a drive, drove like it suppose to again. ������