Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 key stuck in ACC. HELP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 key stuck in ACC. HELP

Today i went to swap out my ignition switch with a new OEM switch i bought from STM. i managed to swap out the parts but after i tested it, i turned on the car, turned it off, went to pull the key out now its stuck in ACC with steering wheel locked.
I tried wiggling the steering wheel while turning the key it didnt work. Tried holding the wheel as much left(quarter turn) or right(no turn at all) and turn key no good. I unplugged the battery then back up didnt work. Turned car on then quickly off didnt work nor did turning car on release the wheel.
I tried to push the release pin for the key cylinder hoping to take that part out with the key, pin wouldnt budge to pull the cylinder and key out.
At this point my car is parked with terminals off looking for an answer. The key im using also is a factory mitsubishi key. Key removal worked before i swapped the switch now its stuck.
Im not sure what else to try besides taking the all assembly off but im not sure how to remove the two bolts.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Did you figure it out? I have excatly same problem today after I replaced the switch? How did you end up fix it?
Originally Posted by Acematic91
Today i went to swap out my ignition switch with a new OEM switch i bought from STM. i managed to swap out the parts but after i tested it, i turned on the car, turned it off, went to pull the key out now its stuck in ACC with steering wheel locked.
I tried wiggling the steering wheel while turning the key it didnt work. Tried holding the wheel as much left(quarter turn) or right(no turn at all) and turn key no good. I unplugged the battery then back up didnt work. Turned car on then quickly off didnt work nor did turning car on release the wheel.
I tried to push the release pin for the key cylinder hoping to take that part out with the key, pin wouldnt budge to pull the cylinder and key out.
At this point my car is parked with terminals off looking for an answer. The key im using also is a factory mitsubishi key. Key removal worked before i swapped the switch now its stuck.
Im not sure what else to try besides taking the all assembly off but im not sure how to remove the two bolts.
The following users liked this post:
MicRX (Jun 24, 2020)