Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cluster Warning Lights Indicators

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cluster Warning Lights Indicators

Does anyone know what these two warning indicators mean? I took out my cluster yesterday to change out some blown bulbs and found there wasn't a bulb behind the yellow oil indicator (not to be confused with the regular red oil indicator) and a bulb behind the green indicator (looks like 3 dashed lines going down). I looked in the manual book but it didn't note either of these indicators.

-edit

Old May 28, 2019, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The yellow oil light means the engine oil is low. The green light is the intercooler spray light. That works off your washer fluid reservoir. I'd check both fluids.
Old May 28, 2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by BeyondLimitsEvo
The yellow oil light means the engine oil is low. The green light is the intercooler spray light. That works off your washer fluid reservoir. I'd check both fluids.
Just changed my oil a couple days ago so it should be good. Doesn't the red oil light indicator mean the same thing when the oil engine is low?

The 9's has an IC? I've never once seen that light lit up before and I've filled up my washer fluid a couple times already. I don't see a button for an IC either...

Do both of these lights actually work and do they serve a purpose? Factory never put a light behind the low oil indicator but they did put one behind the IC indicator.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello, from what I know, Evo 8 and 9 don't have an oil level sensor. The red oil indicator is only for oil pressure. Also regarding the IC sprayer, it is specific only for JDM and European market, none of the Evos sold in USA had the IC sprayer.
Old May 29, 2019, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by CosminEvo
Hello, from what I know, Evo 8 and 9 don't have an oil level sensor. The red oil indicator is only for oil pressure. Also regarding the IC sprayer, it is specific only for JDM and European market, none of the Evos sold in USA had the IC sprayer.
Thank you kind sir. This is very helpful
Old May 29, 2019, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The USDM Evo had an intercooler sprayer in years 2003 & 2004. In 2005 and thereafter, the ACD pump occupied the reservoir space.
Old May 31, 2019, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the intercooler sprayer in my 03' USDM GSR. Never really used it. Sounds like those bulb spots may have been empty from the factory and are seeing power when the key is on. I'd say you can safely take the bulbs back out and be fine.