Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Discontinued Fuel Line Clips

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 07:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Discontinued Fuel Line Clips

Apparently, Hercules stopped by the Mitsubishi factory when my car was being built & tightened the heck out of the fitting connecting my fuel feed line to the hose going to my fuel rail. I ended up removing the whole line from front to back because I was only bending it instead of loosening it. I broke 2 of the clips securing the hard lines under the car & just my luck, the ones I broke are discontinued & not avail anywhere.

Ive searched the depths of the internet & cannot seem to find any overstock anywhere on these 2 fuel line clips. Does anyone know of something comparable that I could use from another model?

I would prefer replace them both, but I could live without D. C is the clip that supports all the lines above the sway bar & I need that one atleast.

C) MR552574
D) MR552572

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 08:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Call STM, I'm sure they can order them.

Also, that fitting usually required some heat and 2 wrenches.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Call STM, I'm sure they can order them.

Also, that fitting usually required some heat and 2 wrenches.
Thanks I'll give it a shot! I haven't tried STM yet. My local dealership, others in the area
& oem mitsubishi parts websites have all have said its discontinued & not available. Those part numbers barely seem to exist online.

I'm going to reach out to STM right now *fingers crossed*
Old Jun 7, 2019, 09:28 AM

No go from STM as well /:
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah, if you already tried dealer's and the said it's NLA, STM wouldn't be able to get it either. They just order from a dealer IIRC, and don't mark stuff up much.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:36 AM

Yeah, if you already tried dealer's and the said it's NLA, STM wouldn't be able to get it either. They just order from a dealer IIRC, and don't mark stuff up much.
I was hoping they would have one collecting dust somewhere. I would rather call & have them tell me they dont have it though just so I know ive exhausted all options.

DANG, looks like I HAVE to go to Tokyo for the 2020 Olympics now & might as well buy some while Im there
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by unkn0wn.
I was hoping they would have one collecting dust somewhere. I would rather call & have them tell me they dont have it though just so I know ive exhausted all options.

DANG, looks like I HAVE to go to Tokyo for the 2020 Olympics now & might as well buy some while Im there
You could probably scour your local junk yards and pull them off another Mitsubishi
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:15 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
You could try hitting up one of the evo wreckers that sell on here. Another option might be to fabricate your own part, or have one made.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 08:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
I've debated reverse engineering these and having some 3D printed to accommodate aftermarket fuel lines. Might actually pursue this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
I've debated reverse engineering these and having some 3D printed to accommodate aftermarket fuel lines. Might actually pursue this.
Yea eventually I am going to have to start an online library of all the parts I have redesigned and link to a 3rd party 3D printing service. Most of the discontinued parts I see that people want aren't hard to reverse engineer.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:37 PM

You could probably scour your local junk yards and pull them off another Mitsubishi
According to my local pick your parts website, there are some similarly era'd Mitsubishis in stock & I just may go poke around on next weekend.

Originally Posted by ayoustin
Originally Posted by deylag
Yea eventually I am going to have to start an online library of all the parts I have redesigned and link to a 3rd party 3D printing service. Most of the discontinued parts I see that people want aren't hard to reverse engineer.
10 / 10 I would purchase from either of you guys. Its sad think we're going to need a sticky of discontinued part numbers soon but maybe its time?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I would also love to have 3D printed replicas of this kind of stuff. I didn't know these clips are discontinued. I guess I have to be very careful with taking down mine to mod for bigger lines.

It may be a good idea to even sell the cad drawings so that we could print locally.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 07:18 PM

is there a commonly available filament that can survive? I think 3d printing a mold and casting something would probably be the way to go. Maybe with something like this

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/#!/...ing-Resin.html or maybe something harder, but this type of product.

I'm just a little skeptical of any filaments that I know about surviving the elements etc. If we are talking industrial grade 3d printing then NM, I'm only talking about the consumer grade 3d printed stuff.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Jun 9, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
is there a commonly available filament that can survive? I think 3d printing a mold and casting something would probably be the way to go. Maybe with something like this

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/#!/...ing-Resin.html or maybe something harder, but this type of product.

I'm just a little skeptical of any filaments that I know about surviving the elements etc. If we are talking industrial grade 3d printing then NM, I'm only talking about the consumer grade 3d printed stuff.
Yes casting these parts would be nice or building a plastic injection molding jig. Additionally, I suggest looking locally at Tap Plastics. They have a wide array of casting and molding products.

There is a wide array of 3D printer filaments that can work in automotive applications. For example, this material: https://www.3dxtech.com/3dxmax-asa-3d-filament-1kg/

3D printing services like Shapeways or Sculpteo would be good places to gauge what's available.

The following users liked this post:
Biggiesacks (Jun 12, 2019)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by deylag
Yes casting these parts would be nice or building a plastic injection molding jig. Additionally, I suggest looking locally at Tap Plastics. They have a wide array of casting and molding products.

There is a wide array of 3D printer filaments that can work in automotive applications. For example, this material: https://www.3dxtech.com/3dxmax-asa-3d-filament-1kg/

3D printing services like Shapeways or Sculpteo would be good places to gauge what's available.
Thanks for the info ill definitely be looking into ASA and Tap Plastics products.