Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Battery Relocation Stuff

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolevos
Might I ask how you have it mounted the stock ix fuse block that is or where it’s mounted
For now I just have it zip tied to the cable running along side the fuse box. The positive cable runs under the fuse box and into the fender. The cables that attach to the block are pretty stiff so it doesnt move around at all. Eventually Im going to make my own bracket that connects the fuse block to one of the battery tray bolt locations or the bolt that holds the fuse box.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
For now I just have it zip tied to the cable running along side the fuse box. The positive cable runs under the fuse box and into the fender. The cables that attach to the block are pretty stiff so it doesnt move around at all. Eventually Im going to make my own bracket that connects the fuse block to one of the battery tray bolt locations or the bolt that holds the fuse box.

Thank you for the pictures might I ask what gauge wire that is and are you at all worried about the positive hitting the frame or anything correct me if I’m wrong but that could be really crappy if it did
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolevos
Thank you for the pictures might I ask what gauge wire that is and are you at all worried about the positive hitting the frame or anything correct me if I’m wrong but that could be really crappy if it did
I used 1 gauge welding cable just for added insurance, 2 gauge is usually enough though. I would recommend welding cable over traditional battery cable because its a lot more flexible and usually better build quality. The positive cable does not move at all, so no im not worried.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

So I ended up tying the rear grounds into the battery ground. Check it out...
Old Jun 19, 2019, 03:42 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by nor11384

So I ended up tying the rear grounds into the battery ground. Check it out...
That's awesome! Your cars on its way to becoming a Faraday cage
Old Jun 19, 2019, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Lol. So I’m doing a parasitic draw test because my battery used to always die after a couple days of car sitting. This is the result. According to videos I’ve seen it seems fine? Unless I accidentally fixed it with everything I did. What do you think?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Check out this video. Towards the end I turn on headlights and ac full blast. Check out the voltage. woohoo...

Last edited by nor11384; Jun 19, 2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 06:46 AM

congrats, great results from a job well done. 20 milliamps is perfectly normal. Going forward if your still having battery troubles its probably going to be from a weak battery.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Hey thx for all the help man. Good to know there’s no parasitic draw. When I get time I’ll make a battery tie down and all should be good!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Lol. So I’m doing a parasitic draw test because my battery used to always die after a couple days of car sitting. This is the result. According to videos I’ve seen it seems fine? Unless I accidentally fixed it with everything I did. What do you think?
200ma would be a problem, 20ma is actually very good. Make sure your alarm is armed, maybe that’s the cause? Also if you’ve replaced the alternator that can fix the problem too. Many time the voltage regulator can go bad causing a draw. Or if the battery top is really dirty or just a battery with internal leakage can drain itself down.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 03:45 PM

Hey thx for all the help man. Good to know there’s no parasitic draw. When I get time I’ll make a battery tie down and all should be good!
Your welcome I'm glad it all worked out.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2winscroll
200ma would be a problem, 20ma is actually very good. Make sure your alarm is armed, maybe that’s the cause? Also if you’ve replaced the alternator that can fix the problem too. Many time the voltage regulator can go bad causing a draw. Or if the battery top is really dirty or just a battery with internal leakage can drain itself down.

Actually, rented a house on the beach with the fam for the weekend but before I left yesterday I noticed the little light on the alarm wasn’t turning on. I pressed the button on the little thing that’s hanging from the roof liner behind the rear view mirror and light turned on. Maybe alarm wasn’t armed when I did the test? I disconnected that thing and then the locks wouldn’t work through the remote. Also noticed the alarm doesn’t beep anymore when I hit the lock or unlock button. I must’ve messed something up because I tore out a bunch of wires that looked like they weren’t connected. If battery is dead when I return I’ll know it is from the alarm. I was thinking of tearing out the alarm system but I have no idea what it looks like and also would suck to not have it lock and unlock by the remote. Also nice to have an alarm. I’ve been told these cars don’t like alarms.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did the battery stop dying with all the grounds added?

Seems to be a common problem and I got a full sized battery now in the trunk but even then, doesn't like to sit. 14.8v when on so alternator is working but will slowly drain. Parasitic draw at .015 amps.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Battery stopped dying when I redid everything. I think it may have been an alarm issue though.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you drill into your frame to lock down your battery? If no, how did you secure the battery from moving?

Quick Reply: Battery Relocation Stuff