Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Big Problem!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Big Problem!!!!!!!!!!

OK this is my problem, i got 7 of my friends togther to buy a car..!! We want something fast and nice.. so we picked the EVo 8 MR to buy, but it seems the regular evo 8 is having a lot of problem, like with trans, the warrently coverage, and some other stuff. But we also want the sti, but the MR is faster and its a bit different for the regular evo 8.

Which one would you pick? and are there any problems with the sti that i should know. i heard that the trans suks on this car too.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

so each of you is buying a car??? or are you sharing the car weird.....
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:29 AM

each of us are buying a car!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 CARS for 7 PEOPLE.!!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:31 AM

just buy the car that YOU want to buy.

Don't let people tell you how to spend your money, follow your heart. just buy whichever one you want.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

first of all is we dont really know if the MR is faster than the STi.
well, the JDM MR is faster, but who knows about the USDM one?second, all the cars have problems...you may said the 6 speed trans suck in the evo, but the STi got their own too...if you are buying a car based on that, then i think you should really look into buying a toyota or a honda, well at least they have less problems with their cars and they will warranty it.

that's a pretty cool and fun idea. i smell some competition for which persons car will standout the most of the group. let us know which youn guys get. might be hard getting 7 mr's at once. but go for it
Evolved Member

STI had some problems with detonation and constant timing resetting. I think that may have been fixed now with a new ecu flash. Only problem you gotta worry about on the EVO is the dealer honoring the warrenty.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jgxchris
OK this is my problem, i got 7 of my friends togther to buy a car..!! We want something fast and nice.. so we picked the EVo 8 MR to buy, but it seems the regular evo 8 is having a lot of problem, like with trans, the warrently coverage, and some other stuff. But we also want the sti, but the MR is faster and its a bit different for the regular evo 8.

Which one would you pick? and are there any problems with the sti that i should know. i heard that the trans suks on this car too.
Well if your worried about the EVO problems, the MR has same tranny and clutch. Now 7 of you to buy a car? Bad Idea! I say some go to STi and some to EVO MR/8.
And if some worried about money, go with the SRT-4, best bang for the buck and i have seem them badboys run. Also, its about how you drive the car. If you know how to use the car properly you wont do as much damage as some people with STi/EVO owners have had. But by all means do not all get the same car, what fun is that? STi and EVO are 2 different but good flavors of a AWD turbo car, now its all about what flavor you like more.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:46 AM

Well i already got a honda and it suks ***..!! Well all want the same car because we are trying to get it cheaper when we buy it.. because my friend is really good at cutting down car prices..!! he took 8Gs off my 02 Honda Accord V6. Well still thinking.. still need more help..!! man this is hard..!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

well there is seven of you. 4 go to mitsu the other 3 to subaru, 3 or 4 car sale at a time will get you a good price. Try to get the car for no more than 1,000 over invoice. I got my Evo for 500 above invoice. But dont get the same cars.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:51 AM

ok, will do..!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ZeroFrost
Well if your worried about the EVO problems, the MR has same tranny and clutch.
uh, no it doesn't. it will be a 6-spd tranny with ACD and front LSD. as for the clutch, i hope mitsu has improved it for '05 but who knows?
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

oh and a good tactic. When all of you guys are there, make sure you mention that your other friends are at Mitsu while u are at subaru and the ones at subaru say the others are at mitsu and say that today we have decided to get a subaru/EVO (where u are) and tell them since we are buying in bulk, we feel we should get a good price of the car. Mention That the other dealership is giving you the car for 1,000 above invoice. So if they want your business match or beat that deal. If not, you tell them thank you for your time and hand him a cell phone number to reach you, and tell him ill be signing paperwork for the other car in about 2 hours, call me if you change your mind about the deal. Wait 2 hours, if no call, then call mitsu or Subaru and ask if they thought about the deal cause your about to sign papers for the STI/EVO.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tanner_Hall
uh, no it doesn't. it will be a 6-spd tranny with ACD and front LSD. as for the clutch, i hope mitsu has improved it for '05 but who knows?

Well its still going to be a weak tranny, and the clutch is the same organic clutch used since the 03 EVO
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

do you work for mitsu-japan? if not, then i doubt you know what you're talking about since the USDM MR has NOT BEEN RELEASED YET.