EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   where did you start? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/117398-where-did-you-start.html)

jonbig Jan 12, 2005 07:08 PM

where did you start?

hello all, ive been enjoying the forum for a while now and i guess its time for me to post me first question. where did you start with your mods? yes i have had a turbo car before so i know the basic bolt ons. but im unsure after that. it looks like alot of poeple have the 272/272 hks cams, vishnu stage 1, and some kind of exhuast..so i think this may be where i should start? also, how much can the boost be elevated on a bone stock evo? i know there is no definite answer but it looks to me to be around 20-21psi? just need to know if i am headed in the right direction

thanks,

jon

Curt@MrLed Jan 12, 2005 07:13 PM

welcome. here is where i started, everything here is my stage one.

Jadiem Jan 12, 2005 07:24 PM

do a search and find out what yeilds the most hp :)

Jakeg97 Jan 12, 2005 09:46 PM

hello and welcome - tint was my start
should have got the boost gauge first though

UT_Evo Jan 12, 2005 09:47 PM

turbo timer, boost gauge, TBE, that's what i've got so far, i'd say MBC next

mrbkkt1 Jan 12, 2005 09:49 PM

intake and turbo timer

steveevo8 Jan 12, 2005 09:53 PM

hey whats up guy.... well me personally i started off with a Turbo back exhaust, then an intake, now i have a fuel pump sitting around waiting to be installed, then i'm looking at a dynoflash.... after that i'm confused like you, but i'm looking at cams ( 264/264 ), then a fmic, hardpipes, and then forged internals ( just to be safe )

Cabo Jan 12, 2005 09:55 PM

I de-badged my trunk.

It's still my only MOD ;-)

Cabo

EVOcambo Jan 12, 2005 11:11 PM

P2 ecu reflash from WORKS. Im still enjoying after 1 yr.

DaGuL Jan 12, 2005 11:30 PM

my first mod was fixing all the previous owner's F***ups... :lol: Heck, up to now I'm still finding little things here and there...

evolved04 Jan 13, 2005 08:07 AM

debadge trunk
wheels
tires
springs
rear sway

wanting to stay away from motor warranty stuff at least another 5k miles or so. (i only have 10k, and said i would wait till 30, but that wont happen)

sleet Jan 13, 2005 09:03 AM

Debadge, turbo timer, tint, exhaust, mbc, intake, fuel pump, tune. In that order but not all at once.

JohnnyTwoThumbs Jan 13, 2005 09:14 AM

I've gone a pretty conservative route, thats also nice and quiet for cruising. I have an HKS downpipe, Perrin cat-delete, HKS exhaust, HKS RS intake, Greddy Profec B II, Defi boost guage and most importantly a custom tune by Dynoflash. Thats about 2 grand in mods and the car is fast as hell and runs like a champ. I plan on doing 272's, pump and injectors next, the only reason I havn't yet is the car is fast enough, I need to get a little bored first.
This is a great and easily upgradable place to start with no worries of reliability or the car running funny.
Good luck!

ap-evo83 Jan 13, 2005 09:19 AM

turbo timer, turboback and drop in filter

Deepseadiver Jan 13, 2005 09:29 AM

First thing I did was a street tune with Al from Dyno flash, then HKS RS intake, Turbo back cat delete 3" exhaust, O2 simulator, New rims, MBC with guage, debage trunk, FMIC with lower I.C. pipe, Koyo radiator, CF hood. I think I go with some cams next. Not sure which ones yet. I need to my home work.