EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Foul ball results in broken windshield (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/137838-foul-ball-results-broken-windshield.html)

skrib May 7, 2005 10:50 PM

Foul ball results in broken windshield

just a story i think you guys would get a kick out of. Anyway i go to the park with my friend to play some basketball and i parked right by the baseball field, i said if anyone gets on ill move it then. so an hour later, he goes to get his drink in my car and a father and his son get on the field. I decide ill move it in 1 minute, the second ball this kid hits is a pop foul that cracked my whole windshield. The best part was the man refuses to pay so now I'm forced to take him to small claims court or something of that nature. Anyway out of curiosity, im taking the car in monday but whats a windshield cost around? I mean its covered under my insurance but, im just curiuos.

SIC SIK SIX May 7, 2005 10:52 PM

i think insurance companies replace front windshileds for free

negativeB May 7, 2005 11:12 PM

my replacement window was a little under 200.

Mercenary3 May 7, 2005 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by SIC SIK SIX

Most insurance companies do not cover windshields for free on basic policy. You have to have supplemental coverage.

Mercenary3 May 7, 2005 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by skrib
just a story i think you guys would get a kick out of. Anyway i go to the park with my friend to play some basketball and i parked right by the baseball field, i said if anyone gets on ill move it then. so an hour later, he goes to get his drink in my car and a father and his son get on the field. I decide ill move it in 1 minute, the second ball this kid hits is a pop foul that cracked my whole windshield. The best part was the man refuses to pay so now I'm forced to take him to small claims court or something of that nature. Anyway out of curiosity, im taking the car in monday but whats a windshield cost around? I mean its covered under my insurance but, im just curiuos.

Dont sue the guy, not his fault.

Several hundred bucks i think.

tritech May 8, 2005 12:30 AM

f that. he and his kid are reponsible. call your insurance co and explain its not your fault and give them their info. they have more $$$$ and lawyers than you do. they would rather dispute it with him than give you the money.

just my 2 cents

Jakeg97 May 8, 2005 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by SIC SIK SIX

lol

evolved04 May 8, 2005 07:00 AM

my deductible for that type of thing is only $100, just talk to your agent and see what they say. sucks kind of though, and is the reason i wont go to my sisters softball games.

Evo11V May 8, 2005 07:34 AM

dimond autoglass was the cheapest and looked exactly like OEM

Warrtalon May 8, 2005 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
lol

It's only funny because he doesn't know why it's free. My comprehensive (other-than-collision) deductible is $0, so I always get my windows replaced for free...

Toddevo 8 May 8, 2005 08:12 AM

pay it out of your own pocket then make the dad pay for it.

Technoz May 8, 2005 09:52 AM

just go to his house with a friend and play catch. when your friend 'accidentally' misses one in front of his house window, tell him it's his fault for building his house in the way of your throw :o

PGDlancer May 8, 2005 10:01 AM

were there any signs posted (like the baseball fields around me) that say something to the effect of 'park at your own risk'?

Kuba23 May 8, 2005 10:09 AM

A Park is different then a Residential area. If you take your car to the park its basically "PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK" nobody is at fault..

SLVROZ_03 May 8, 2005 10:13 AM

Unforunately, I think Kuba23 is right. But I live in SC...I got a replacement window free with my full-coverage insurance. Believe it's just a SC thing though. Good luck.