EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Who expects not to pay over MSRP? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/13827-who-expects-not-pay-over-msrp.html)

Speedlimit Feb 11, 2003 09:58 PM

Who expects not to pay over MSRP?

Hi,

How many of us who actually have $500 or more on deposit are expecting to pay no more than MSRP? Where is your dealership?

Me.

Dealership is in Reading PA

Speedlimit.....

jedinite Feb 11, 2003 10:00 PM

I will be paying MSRP or possibly slightly less.

No more, under any circumstances.

Located in Kansas City, MO.

My secret? As I've suggested before, establish a relationship with the dealership. I've never bought a car there, but I've referred three friends and have gotten to know the sales manager and several of the sales guys very well.

chronohunter Feb 11, 2003 10:20 PM

After a lot of calling...in Kansas (I live in Co.), no more than MSRP in writing...4 weeks to go:drool:

jedinite Feb 11, 2003 10:25 PM

Chrono - you need some help getting in to town, getting around, a place to crash, whatever... just give me a buzz (email preferably) and we can set something up.

Happy to help out a fellow enthusiast...

Same goes to any :mitsu: enthusiast in my neck of the woods.

Anyone looking for an MSRP dealer, I've got the connection here in town. I need to get an update from them re: availability, but they'll guarantee MSRP and are a decently sized dealership getting several cars in each allocation AFAIK.

dorqus Feb 12, 2003 08:24 AM

I have a $1k deposit down at Premium Mitsu in New Rochelle, NY for a Silver, big wing, no sunroof, at MSRP. If the dealer wants to charge me even a dollar over MSRP, I'll get my refundable deposit back and call up Mitsu HQ right there and tell them I'm getting a STi instead (not like they care, but I'd have to complain anyway)

leonard_shelby Feb 12, 2003 08:29 AM

1K deposit
Apex Silver
Sunroof ( at my request )
big wing
Dealer in Allentown Pa
{devil}

chronohunter Feb 12, 2003 09:47 AM

Originally posted by jedinite
Chrono - you need some help getting in to town, getting around, a place to crash, whatever... just give me a buzz (email preferably) and we can set something up.

Happy to help out a fellow enthusiast...

Thanks, Hopefully I can fly in and get it home the same day. That's the plan at least! If I need some help I'll pm you. If you do help and you don't have yours yet...I'll let you drive mine :) My car comes in around the 13th (March)

yycools Feb 12, 2003 10:28 AM

$500 Down at Boch Mitsu in Norwood MA
CF Wing
Blue by You

gsx95 Feb 12, 2003 11:49 AM

I have refundable 1000 dollar deposits on both the evo and the STi at MSRP in New Jersey, still don't know what to do...

Coolguy949 Feb 12, 2003 11:50 AM

Howcome so many guys arent getting sunroofs? Just a curious question. Is it performance related or just personal preference?

Good luck guys!

Rob

Bella42382 Feb 12, 2003 11:57 AM

I don't have a deposit down but I talked to the guy who sold me my Lancer when I got an oil change the other day. He said they are going to be right at $30,000, no more over except for taxes which will be around $2-3,000.

Coolguy949 Feb 12, 2003 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Bella42382
He said they are going to be right at $30,000, no more over except for taxes which will be around $2-3,000.
Gee, for every 10 EVOs purchased, uncle sam gets one for free {thumbdwn}

Bella42382 Feb 12, 2003 12:48 PM

wow, doesn't sound so great anymore.. haha

Fireball Feb 12, 2003 12:50 PM

Deposit down and MSRP or better guaranteed.

Jonasan50 Feb 12, 2003 01:20 PM

I want a sunroof.. and WILL NOT pay over sticker.... They can blow me...