EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Attention '05 Evo and MR owners (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/143847-attention-05-evo-mr-owners.html)

Nez136 Jun 13, 2005 11:54 AM

Attention '05 Evo and MR owners

So just over 2 weeks ago i couldn't wait and i installed my HKS ssq and am running it VTA however i have seen NO issues with the car stalling or running 2 rich. I have had a '95 GSX and '03 Evo, and on both cars i had serious issues with the HKS unitl i installed engine managment. I even ran the **** out of the car at autoX and it would not stall or duck under 850 rpm's once! We all know what the symptoms are when running VTA but i haven't seen one! Did mitsu finally do something about the MAF's in these cars? has anybody else ran VTA with their BOV's??? not to jinx it but i was just curious

Ryan

DaWorstPlaya Jun 13, 2005 11:56 AM

Wow ... thats good news. Could be that is ECU is more adaptive using both the MAP and MAF to adjust fuel ... I hope more people can confirm this ...

DCSilvrEvo Jun 13, 2005 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Wow ... thats good news. Could be that is ECU is more adaptive using both the MAP and MAF to adjust fuel ... I hope more people can confirm this ...

When did Stock EVOS get A MAP system?

Enyth Jun 13, 2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nez136
So just over 2 weeks ago i couldn't wait and i installed my HKS ssq and am running it VTA however i have seen NO issues with the car stalling or running 2 rich. I have had a '95 GSX and '03 Evo, and on both cars i had serious issues with the HKS unitl i installed engine managment. I even ran the **** out of the car at autoX and it would not stall or duck under 850 rpm's once! We all know what the symptoms are when running VTA but i haven't seen one! Did mitsu finally do something about the MAF's in these cars? has anybody else ran VTA with their BOV's??? not to jinx it but i was just curious

Ryan

interesting..

Tsurara Jun 13, 2005 12:03 PM

Its funny you mention this, I think they must have done something to the 05s as well. I was putting on my Apexi air intake and I forgot to connect the MAF wire from the stock air box, the car started and idled as expected. We noticed this after running the car and wondering why we couldnt hear the intake. It didn't stall at all.

derekevo8mr Jun 13, 2005 12:04 PM

yes i have an 05 MR and i have a RFL VTA and it runs great.... going from the stock BOV to the rfl made my EBC spike but a little adjustment fixed it. VROOOOMMM CHHHHHH--------CONFIRMED!!!!

DCSilvrEvo Jun 13, 2005 12:06 PM

So 05's do have MAP Sensors? Can somebody confirm this?

Nez136 Jun 13, 2005 12:09 PM

Im going to talk to some techs at a local dealer and try to find more details, this could be a breakthrough for mitsu, all these years running with just sensitive ass MAF sensors!

anjapower Jun 13, 2005 12:18 PM

news flash, 05s still use MAF sensors.

JeffR116 Jun 13, 2005 12:19 PM

You idled fine without your MAF plugged in?!

If this is indeed true...then good news!!! :beer:

We need some more people to confirm this!

Nez136 Jun 13, 2005 12:19 PM

yes but they also can use a MAP

Warrtalon Jun 13, 2005 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JeffR116
You idled fine without your MAF plugged in?!

If this is indeed true...then good news!!! :beer:

We need some more people to confirm this!

With my MAF unplugged, I idled high at 1400-1500rpm, and I threw a CEL. This was with the stock intake box after installing an MBC. I did not drive it in this condition. I turned it off, plugged in the MAF, then re-started the car. The idle returned to normal, and then I just had to clear the CEL with my pocketlogger.

xiaoni420 Jun 13, 2005 12:26 PM

When I first got my evo, I ordered a catback, intake and the HKS SSQV. I put on the catback and the blow off valve and I had it VTA initially...the car ran fine as it was...it was only on for like 3 days, if that, but i never had issues as it was...then i put in the intake and recirculated it. Thinking about venting it to the atmosphere once again but i dont have that da*n plug anymore that fits into the intake tube...anyone have a quick fix idea for this?? but anyways, yes, i believe the 05's are capable of VTA without any problems...

eling99 Jun 13, 2005 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nez136

Ryan

i plan to install one too...i got the ssqv universal, and then i bought the bolt on flange, and the eids!! did u use the eids?

Nez136 Jun 13, 2005 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by xiaoni420
When I first got my evo, I ordered a catback, intake and the HKS SSQV. I put on the catback and the blow off valve and I had it VTA initially...the car ran fine as it was...it was only on for like 3 days, if that, but i never had issues as it was...then i put in the intake and recirculated it. Thinking about venting it to the atmosphere once again but i dont have that da*n plug anymore that fits into the intake tube...anyone have a quick fix idea for this?? but anyways, yes, i believe the 05's are capable of VTA without any problems...

I went to ACE hardware and bought a Rubber plug that i jammed into the hole and then i used Electrical tape(can't tell) to seal