EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Might be Evo's in Illinois.... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/14777-might-evos-illinois.html)

Fireball Feb 25, 2003 03:36 PM

Might be Evo's in Illinois....

Heard from someone that the first Evo was delivered (for sale) in Illinois to a Tech that worked for a dealer. My guess would be it is at Max Madsen.

Ok, Illinois people, go to it and find out! :)

gtr Feb 25, 2003 03:43 PM

Are they just delivering one on that truck? My car is delivered in Illinois. Maybe we will get ours early. Any idea on this delivery date Fireball :confused:

CMC Feb 25, 2003 04:22 PM

I just got off the phone with the sales manager at Max Madsen and he said he is still hoping to see their first car(s) next week.

limey Feb 25, 2003 04:26 PM

Re: Might be Evo's in Illinois....

Originally posted by Fireball
Heard from someone that the first Evo was delivered (for sale) in Illinois to a Tech that worked for a dealer. My guess would be it is at Max Madsen.

Ok, Illinois people, go to it and find out! :)

Could be joliet IL?

ciaxtrinity1 Feb 25, 2003 08:50 PM

oh **** i think i heard of that person cuz my bf's good friend works at an audi dealer in rockford and they got to drive in it b/c a friend of theirs or co-worker whatever bought it recently.

mknuts22 Feb 25, 2003 09:07 PM

Hmmm.. Well what a lucky bastard if he already has his! If he does that can only mean one thing....... They are coming!!! :headbang:

ciaxtrinity1 Feb 25, 2003 09:16 PM

Yea i'm like waiting for my friend to turn her damn away message off so i can ask her b/c she just told my bf this weekend (22nd) that they got to drive her husband's friends/coworkers new EVO8 that he just bought.

TearItUpSports Feb 25, 2003 09:18 PM

I checked with my dealer today, and here in Texas, my car has been pushed back. It now shows a date of 3/24, though it showed 2/11 as a build date.
Stupid #($*@ wing manufacturer.

limey Feb 25, 2003 10:05 PM

Man at this rate santa will be delivering the thing in his sleigh(spelling?):rant:

Sailorgoon Feb 25, 2003 10:29 PM

The head service tech at Max Madsen in Downer's Grove thinks the Madsen in Countryside already has one locked in the garage, since they have a much larger area down there. No word from Madsen when it will be rolled into the showroom, but according to sales in Downer's, you won't be able to test drive them at all.

Also, expect some major warranty loopholes with the Evo, at least that's what "T" (I won't give his name, sorry) says. Repairs will be very difficult to get under warranty from what he understands.

Oh well. Buy it anyway.

-Goon-Kun

DJJ Feb 26, 2003 07:44 AM

Max Madsen
This is where I went to get info on the Evo and they told me the same thing. No test drive, unless you put down a deposite!!! So someone from there got the first one?

Max Rebo Feb 26, 2003 11:49 AM

Originally posted by Sailorgoon

Also, expect some major warranty loopholes with the Evo, at least that's what "T" (I won't give his name, sorry) says. Repairs will be very difficult to get under warranty from what he understands.

Oh well. Buy it anyway.

-Goon-Kun

Sounds like BS to me. Let's say you don't modify the car at all. How can they deny you warranty repairs? I'd raise hell...

Sailorgoon Feb 26, 2003 12:19 PM

I agree, Mitsu will have a very hard time if they use cutthroat warranty tactics with this car.

Then again, look at the old turbo 4WD Eclipse models. They were almost impossible to get fixed under warranty. "Driver Error" was the name of the game when it came to the engine and drivetrain. I don't expect the Evo to be much different.

-Goon-Kun