EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   05 noisier than 03-04? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/156447-05-noisier-than-03-04-a.html)

EVIL_EVO_VIII Aug 30, 2005 07:40 PM

05 noisier than 03-04?

I noticed that my 05 is kind of noisy, more than my 03. Im taking a shot and guessing is because of the ACD. Anyone have the same noise?Just want to make sure its normal.Thanks

gtr Aug 30, 2005 07:42 PM

Nope. Perhaps your tires are worn and drowning? You should check out the tread and decide see if your alignment is ok. Try checking tire pressure and rotating them.

1Crazy8 Aug 30, 2005 07:42 PM

i had an 04 and yes my 05 is slightly noiseier

1Crazy8 Aug 30, 2005 07:43 PM

2005 Electric Blue EVO VIII GSR??? GSR??????

EVIL_EVO_VIII Aug 30, 2005 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by gtr
Nope. Perhaps your tires are worn and drowning? You should check out the tread and decide see if your alignment is ok. Try checking tire pressure and rotating them.

Its a new car with new tires

1Crazy8 Aug 30, 2005 07:48 PM

wut u mean GSR?

shimla Aug 30, 2005 07:52 PM

GRAND SPORT RACING ( i think)

superfleajq Aug 30, 2005 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by 1Crazy8
wut u mean GSR?

GSR is just the model designation. I honestly don't believe the letters stand for anything other than model designation.

GSR = Grand Sport Racing? ...I doubt it...if so, sounds kinda..lame, no? If this is what it stands for, then OK...nice going mitsu!

RS = Racing Sport? LOL

MR = ok, this is more plausible, cause it's Mitsubishi Racing...but the others...I dunno.

shimla Aug 30, 2005 08:04 PM

i think it does mean that, it's used in Asia coz they don't have the MR....GSR acronym meaning has been posted before, heck, I even have the orig emblem on my car's butt...and it's not exclusive to the Evo, it's been used even on my '81 lancer boxtype

1Crazy8 Aug 30, 2005 08:08 PM

WTF so theres a GSR Model???? it doesent even show this on mitsu's website just EVO VIII, MR, RS.....??????????????

superfleajq Aug 30, 2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by shimla
i think it does mean that, it's used in Asia coz they don't have the MR....GSR acronym meaning has been posted before, heck, I even have the orig emblem on my car's butt...and it's not exclusive to the Evo, it's been used even on my '81 lancer boxtype

It's very possible it does have a meaning..quite possibly grand sport racing. ...do you think the Integra GSR acronym shares the same meaning? There's just a lot of cars with letters for their name, or after their name (Honda = NSX, RSX, MDX, TL, RL, Integra - GSR\GS\RS\LS, Civic EX, DX, HX, etc...Toyota = Celica GT\GTS, etc etc...)... I doubt all of these cars have a meaning for the letters beyond that of a model designation. But...just my opinion. I could be totally wrong. :)

superfleajq Aug 30, 2005 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1Crazy8
WTF so theres a GSR Model???? it doesent even show this on mitsu's website just EVO VIII, MR, RS.....??????????????

The standard Evo VIII is the GSR (model designation used in asia\europe). Then there's the MR and RS. So if you bought a standard Evo VIII, it's also considered a GSR.

1Crazy8 Aug 30, 2005 08:17 PM

thank you, i was about to say that makes absolutely no sense!

EVIL_EVO_VIII Aug 30, 2005 08:19 PM

This thread is wayyyyyyy off topic. I asked for the noise, not what gsr meant :lol:

jjm4life Aug 30, 2005 08:25 PM

to answer the topic's quesiton. i have been in 03 04 evos and my 05 was slighty noiser i guess, if you paid attention. as i rack up miles (not very quickly though only at 3k) it seems to get a little quieter from the tires breaking in. little less engine noise and the tranny is silent esp. compared to when i picked it up. hope that helps

off topic arent the gsr the asian version of our regular 8, but they dont call ours the gsr because of euiptment differences between usdm and jdm like ayc?