EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   importing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/168113-importing.html)

TriDiamonDriver Nov 6, 2005 06:23 PM

importing

can anyone give me some good sites to buy and import a car from japan.

EvOJoHnY0312 Nov 6, 2005 06:58 PM

for what your fine with the cars around here plus if you want too its called motorex but you better have some deep pockets

EVOlutionary Nov 6, 2005 07:00 PM

edited - If you do not like the way the site is moderated, you are free to leave.

I had not heard anything good or bad about "the place we shall not name". I just saw their web site and it looked pretty interesting.

Also, I thought I heard that Motorex was going under. Are there any decent importers in the US?

I imported a MKIII Supra w/ a 1JZ jdm swap from Canada, and it was pretty easy. As long as there is an equivalent model in the US they are pretty lenient, and I know that MI is probably less strict than other states. They didn't even inspect my car when it came through customs.

EVOlutionary

jjm4life Nov 6, 2005 08:01 PM

stay away from evolution imports. look them up on here tons of horror stories. i personally just saw an evolition imports car last week. for 30 grand it arrived with a completely stripped interior and they woulndnt give the guy his money back.

evodrifter Nov 6, 2005 08:04 PM

Wait, did they have the parts to put back in, or was it just bare and they said here you go? Thats ****ty.

jjm4life Nov 6, 2005 10:39 PM

it had seats and the rest was bare.. maybe a few spare parts here and there but no carpet. tons of threads on them i think look it up.

EVO_JOE Nov 6, 2005 10:45 PM

I suggest taking a trip to Japan yourself.

AlohaEvo Nov 6, 2005 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by EvOJoHnY0312
better have some deep pockets

that is the truth!!! I was in Japan for three years. Wanted to bring an EVO 5 over before the 8 came to the states. The RI's (registered importers) told me that if there wasnt crash data on the car, I would need to bring two...one to crash one to keep. If there was crash data, still about 10k to get it US spec. GOOD LUCK.

Ranskaa Nov 7, 2005 06:53 AM

you can import the parts pretty easy, it would be a lot of parts but you could do it

Celm Nov 27, 2005 08:15 AM

Not a Vendor on this site.

racerhead2 Nov 27, 2005 08:43 AM

There are only a handful of companies that import cars from Japan. EI, Motorex, and RB Motoring.
The others not quite sure if you want to give them a try?

ddubb Nov 27, 2005 08:46 AM

Please don' take my previous post as bashing this company, just letting him know that I want to get in touch and he did. I have not yet done business with him so I don't have any issues

pjsevo8 Nov 27, 2005 01:51 PM

PM me info on importing and skyline or s15 please!

PJ

nnorris7413 Nov 27, 2005 03:53 PM

how much do r32's, r33's and r34's usually cost. I have been very interested in buying a skyline as it is my dream car.

ride22 Nov 27, 2005 04:05 PM

Good grief. It seems that no one can do a search to learn about evolution imports.

Hey Celm why don't you tell everyone how you all have an illegal evo VII running around in Louisville, KY, and how it is registered as a Mirage.

I wouldn't deal with EI...it is all fun and games until you pay them and get nothing, and if you do get something it won't be legal for the street.