EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   IX vs. 06 GTO, 07 Challenger.... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/185670-ix-vs-06-gto-07-challenger.html)

EvoIXowner Feb 21, 2006 01:50 PM

IX vs. 06 GTO, 07 Challenger....

Hey guys,

Have owned the IX for a few months now, and I must say, it kicks ass. Alittle rough for the daily driving, but pretty cool. Just was looking at the new Challenger coming with 425hp,420trq, and the GTO with 400hp, and 395trq. I was thinking about trading for something alittle more reliable and comfortable but I will NOT go to a slower car. Do you think the 425 that the challenger has can compete against the EVO? I know the GTO vs the Suby didnt compete very well. What you think?

GPTourer Feb 21, 2006 01:54 PM

I'd wait for the '11 6000 SUX.

http://www.robocoparchive.com/info/car8.JPG

EVOOOO8 Feb 21, 2006 02:05 PM

Choices

It is hard to compare rear drive v8 cars to the evo especially in handling. I have a couple of v8 Mustangs w/mods. There is no true comparison in how these cars acheive power and handle. The Evo is also a lot more practical hence 4 doors and with the right tires capable in the snow. I say don't trade, pay it off and keep it.

Dero Feb 21, 2006 02:05 PM

Are you worried about straight line performance only? If so, I guess either would be a good replacement for the Evo.

Warrtalon Feb 21, 2006 02:06 PM

It should be about as fast in a straight line from a roll if that's all you care about, but it's going to be heavy, RWD, lacking in handling, and generally only useful on the highway.

AndrewSS Feb 21, 2006 02:07 PM

these cars are quite different... the evo is much more agile and probably quite a bit more fun to drive... plus more practical, if you consider comfort to be a higher prority, maybe you shouldnt have gotten an evo in the first place, its sad that it seems a lot of people buy the evo without seeming to know what they really want.

If you are looking for mostly straight line and a torque monster, go with those cars for sure and they will be more comfortable... just test drive em and figure out what you like.

Can those cars "challange" the evo... well what do you mean? Straight line I would think that the displacement of those cars can make for some huge numbers relativly easy, however the evo can be made fast easy too.

EvoIXowner Feb 21, 2006 02:12 PM

What I mean by perform against the EVO, I mean, nothing makes me happier than going around corners that my eclipse can only go 40 around, and the Evo is going 80...gives you that rush. I know these two muscle cars now have modern independent suspensions, so it may make a difference. I want something that if a suby or vette pulled up next to me, I could compete, not only straight line, but still be in control around corners.

EvoIXowner Feb 21, 2006 02:13 PM

With my current Evo, I'm having a heck of a time getting the car faster. It is pretty wicked right now, but without doing something that could put the car at risk (EMS or severe tune) i just dont see me getting back 310hp at the crank.

Warrtalon Feb 21, 2006 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXowner
With my current Evo, I'm having a heck of a time getting the car faster. It is pretty wicked right now, but without doing something that could put the car at risk (EMS or severe tune) i just dont see me getting back 310hp at the crank.

What??? Your mods aren't great. You went the wrong route, and I told you that a long time ago. What do you mean "i just don't see me getting back 310hp at the crank"? What does that mean? If you had done the proper mods, you'd be at 330-340whp (not crank) right now. And then with alky and licp, you can be up around 370-380.

As for your previous reply, you can't really think that either of those cars are going to keep up with an STi or Vette in anything other than a straight line. Independent suspensions? Come on, that's not what makes it handle like a go-kart. You're forgetting their 4000lb curb weights...

EVOOOO8 Feb 21, 2006 02:19 PM

Hey Warrtalon, I talked to you a few days ago about a rough idle and lash adjusters being replaced as well as spark plug gap. My mechanic got the adjusters replaced on the #1 cyl . vehicle is definately a lot smoother and quieter under the valve cover. Also the throttle response is immediate and boost seems to come on sooner. Dave my mech also stated that spark plug gap can different on each car and that you may have to try different gap for different tunes and vehicles. Note Idle is nice and smooth with very little fluctuation now. Thank you for your input on Evo's. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It should be about as fast in a straight line from a roll if that's all you care about, but it's going to be heavy, RWD, lacking in handling, and generally only useful on the highway.

FresnoEVO Feb 21, 2006 02:21 PM

sell the ix... either your are ignorant or just stupid... i guess you're running all your mods without a reflash right. posts like this hurt my head.

Phizix Feb 21, 2006 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXowner

so get a conservative tune. with your current mods and a "light" tune you should make well over 310 at the crank.

the goat is overpriced for what it is, and the dodge ain't even a real hemi. f that

MREvo-bin Feb 21, 2006 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I'd wait for the '11 6000 SUX.

http://www.robocoparchive.com/info/car8.JPG

LMAO...

laakness Feb 21, 2006 02:25 PM

Sweet robocop reference.

milo Feb 21, 2006 02:25 PM

I ran my friend's GTO and it was pretty close from 2nd thru 4th gear...until 5th gear. The GTO just started to pull on me at top end. O'yeah, the GTO has intake and CB exhaust system and my EVO 9 MR is stock. Overall pretty happy with the out come. :thumbup: