EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Help Help Help!!!!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/191704-help-help-help.html)

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 12:32 AM

Help Help Help!!!!!! AZ EVOS HELP!!!!

I will make this short and sweet.. I have a IX RS.. the only thing done to it is a HKS RS suction kit and some defi gauges.. I was driving tonight and went to shift into 4th gear.. But there was no fourth gear.. I mean the shifter went down into the right position but there was nothing there.. It just wouldnt engage into gear.. I pulled the car over and let is sit for 30 minutes. then I got back in it and went onto the freeway.. If I shift super super slow it will sometimes go into gear and sometimes it wont.. Also 2nd gear does not want to engage all the time now but it's not quite as bad as 4th.. I only have 3788 miles on the car.. I think it might be a bent or broken shift fork..

I am wondering if anybody in AZ knows what is a good dealer to take it too.. By "good dealer" I mean one that will actually fix it under warranty instead of giving me crap.. I have read all of the posts I can find on warranty issues.. So please dont post on here about how mitsu sucks at warranty claims.. I ALREADY KNOW THAT. my question is does anybody know a good :mitsu: dealership I should go to???? I am located in phoenix.. Please help and if you post about a dealership please say why you think they are better than others for this type of thing....

THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME TO ANYONE THAT POSTS PERTINENT INFO

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 12:41 AM

BUMP for immediate help as I need to call a dealership in the am

xballsport Mar 25, 2006 12:50 AM

Yea just give them a call and tell them your having tranny problems and let it go from there

Automatic 51 Mar 25, 2006 01:02 AM

maybe something came loose in the shifter linkage at the base of the shifter. 2nd and 4th are on the bottom of the gates so if something came loose that might explain that. I dunno though, first thought that popped into my head.

WHTEVO Mar 25, 2006 01:04 AM

How about reverse? If reverse is also not going into gear at all but still going down in the position just as 2nd and 4th gears would then you may want to check your shift linkages on the tranny. There are two cables that connect to it; they should be pretty obvious once you see them. Check to make sure the rubber boot did not rip which will cause a lot of slack in the line when it needs tension when shifting. Good luck.

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 01:10 AM

yeah reverse is not giving me a ton of trouble but seems to be a little sloppy as well its like 1,3,5 are fine but 2,4,reverse are messed up.. mostly 4th
has anybody had any good service done here in AZ.. I'm hoping they wont give me crap for my intake and gauges.. OH yeah I forgot to mention that I do have a b&m short shifter too

sonicnofadz Mar 25, 2006 01:17 AM

Yeah you messed the shift linkages up during the short shifter install because you have no idea what your doing. Fix the shifter linkage and you will be fine.

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Yeah you messed the shift linkages up during the short shifter install because you have no idea what your doing. Fix the shifter linkage and you will be fine.

First off that was a rude comment.. Second.. I was a part of a three man team that built the car that took NOPI nationals all motor wolrd title in 03.. I'm pretty sure I can figure out a short shifter.. Oh yeah and when I did my short shifter a buddy helped me.. (he just did 3 of them before mine) so if for some reason I had forgotten my brain that day.. It would have still been done properly.. Thanks for your useless input.

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 02:00 AM

bump to top ... only 5 hours till mitsu dealers open

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 02:02 AM

Come On Guys.. 75 People Have Read This But No Feedback.. Please Help

Chewie4299 Mar 25, 2006 02:13 AM

Call them. Tell them the problem you are having as you told us and ask If they can take care of it under warranty. They will most likely have to check it out to see what caused it. If it's a good service dept. i think you'll be fine. But if they want to be dicks they will say the short shifter had something to do with it and want to charge you to fix it.

If you can do it without too much trouble just check the shifter too make sure everything is ok and if you can't figure it out yourself then replace the stock shifter and then bring it to mitsu.

Nad1370 Mar 25, 2006 02:17 AM

I remember talking to a Mitsu mechanic about failing shifter cables. Broken but not totally.

But this was back in 03.

I believe this could be your problem.

Karma'sEvo Mar 25, 2006 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chewie4299
Call them. Tell them the problem you are having as you told us and ask If they can take care of it under warranty. They will most likely have to check it out to see what caused it. If it's a good service dept. i think you'll be fine. But if they want to be dicks they will say the short shifter had something to do with it and want to charge you to fix it.

If you can do it without too much trouble just check the shifter too make sure everything is ok and if you can't figure it out yourself then replace the stock shifter and then bring it to mitsu.

When you put in the B&M you have to hack up your stock shifter so I cant put it back in.. But thanks for the input..

I am really looking to see if anybody has had any warranty work such as this done in AZ.. But keep em comin guys..

I am listening

Chewie4299 Mar 25, 2006 02:21 AM

^ didn't know that. Im content with my stock shifter lol

elhalisf Mar 25, 2006 03:04 AM

it very well could be the shifter cables. had a similar issue, where one of the cables popped out of its rubber bushing, the large one. could only shift 3-4th
your side to side shifter line, the small one, is probably out of position.