EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Short shifter? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/22533-short-shifter.html)

zyounker May 7, 2003 01:37 PM

Short shifter?

So it looks to me the 2000+ eclipse and the lancer shifter is the same as the EVOVI.. But is the EVOVIII the same as the VI?

Just trying to find more parts :)

jsammari May 7, 2003 01:58 PM

You guys sound like me when I purchased my 1995 Eclipse GSX :) Because it was a completely new design there wasn't a part to be had - it drove me crazy...!!!!

zyounker May 7, 2003 02:00 PM

Well, alot of the parts are interchangable.. Very similar to the 2nd gen DSM in alot of ways.. but not the shifter..

Things i know are the same:
BOV adapter
Ignition harness
MAF/air Filter adapter (not 100% sure)

And the plugs for the ECU are the same i hear too, but have not seen them myself yet.

-Zach

lil'evil_evo May 7, 2003 02:09 PM

I need a short throw shifter and a shorter shifter. Please any info would help. I hope B&M makes one for us.

HobieKopek May 7, 2003 02:09 PM

If the 8 has the VII's shifter then yes. The Evo IV, V, VI, VII and US Lancer all have the same shifter assembly.

EDIT: Don't quote me on that just yet. Gonna go verify my info. ;)

Anyone wanna take the console out of their Evo and post a pic so I can confirm? :p

http://www.bmracing.com/products/shf...itsubishi.html

I'm certain about the IV, V, VI and US Lancer, but the VII an 8 I'm only 90% certain about.

zyounker May 7, 2003 02:12 PM

Well if the evo8 is the same as the lancer then you can just buy one for a lancer or 2000+ eclipse..

Cheapest i have found so far is www.ilpperformance.com

They have one for the evo8.. it is $90.. but i am waiting to see what the throw difference is from stock..

-Zach

HobieKopek May 7, 2003 02:20 PM

Best thing to do is call and ask Jeff or Rocky. They're really short staffed right now and Jeff doesn't get to check the forums every day. If I talk to him tonight though I'll let him know about your questions.

zyounker May 7, 2003 02:22 PM

Yeah, i will call later.. I am at work now.. so shouldn't be ordering parts :)

mayhem May 7, 2003 03:40 PM

my sister has a 2003 lancer OZ Rally and I have the EVO VIII. I'll have to look again, but I recall the Evo having a shorter shifter then the Lancer. Might be a while before I can look at her car since someone smashed it real bad in a parking lot when it only had 2300 miles on it. :crap:

zyounker May 7, 2003 03:42 PM

Ok, the ILP one is a 40% change which is about normal.. the usually are ~30-40%..

I will be ordering mine today :)

-Zach

HobieKopek May 7, 2003 05:38 PM

They don't reduce anything but your shift lengths. They just change the fulcrum on the lever that is pulling your drive by wire shifter assembly. :confused:

jedinite May 7, 2003 08:31 PM

{mrt}

[cleans up thread]

:ang2hap:

AutoXer May 7, 2003 10:31 PM

My 00' Eclipse stock shifter was shorter than my Evo shifter... I'm betting that the stock Eclipse shifter would fit.

zyounker May 16, 2003 10:46 AM

Ok, i got my ILP short through.. it is a B&M /w b&m knob..

Cool right? nope.. 1st you have to cut the weight on the stock shifter to get the plastic retainer off.. because it doesn't come with a new one.. Not that difficult just sux..

Then i notice NO reduction in shifting. I mean NONE!

i am very dissapointed in this and will be trying to contact ILP today to get resolution.

-Zach

ILP Performance May 16, 2003 11:37 PM

please excuse us, my salesperson was not aware of the new shifter and sent you a stock B+M by accident. please forgive us and return for the proper parts, the ILP shifter is aluminimum and diffent from the B+M Justin was asked to leave because of mistakes like this.

Jeff