EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Is this common? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/283732-common.html)

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 08:39 AM

Is this common?

I just picked up my Evo Ix the other day and noticed the wetter motor in the trunk stays on for a while at times and intermittenly will shut off then come back on minutes later for a good amount of time by itself, I don't think it should be doing that but maybe I am just speaking noob. Any input?:confused:

Lancematic Jul 17, 2007 08:42 AM

What is a "wetter motor", are you hearing the fuel pump?

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 08:46 AM

Maybe it is the fuel pump, are they located in the rear?

eve-slow Jul 17, 2007 08:49 AM

Are you talking about your rear wiper and sprayer?

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 08:53 AM

No its coming from inside the rear passanger side fender

Pure Playaer Jul 17, 2007 08:57 AM

did u buy ur car used or new? if its used chance u might have a winning walbro255, if its stock id take it to mitsu n have it checked

fuel pumps are located under the rear seats

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 08:58 AM

(ab)used haha. still am figuring out everything he did to it... 8k ..traded into my work a while back

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 09:10 AM

( when I say "wetter" motor. I am meaning the I/C sprayer motor. )

mdsevo06 Jul 17, 2007 09:13 AM

IX's don't have IC sprayer. Where exactly is this coming from?

suekie Jul 17, 2007 09:16 AM

when this "wetter motor" (lol) comes on, are you under high throttle? If so, then it is set in the auto position. It will automatticaly spray the intercooler every so often (3 seconds? I dont remember) Just hit it back to manual. Also, the windshield wiper fluid is the one in the trunk.

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by suekie (Post 4547615)
when this "wetter motor" (lol) comes on, are you under high throttle? If so, then it is set in the auto position. It will automatticaly spray the intercooler every so often (3 seconds? I dont remember) Just hit it back to manual. Also, the windshield wiper fluid is the one in the trunk.

Note my Username haha. where is the switch for it? (much learning to do if you haven't noticed){thumbup}

PA-silver03evo Jul 17, 2007 09:30 AM

Evo IXs dont have an intercooler sprayer.

VegasEvoNoob Jul 17, 2007 09:35 AM

so it's gotta be the fuel pump ya?

scottatyamaha Jul 17, 2007 09:39 AM

I would go look for a meth tank, if the car is modded it he might of installed one. It will look like a windsheild washer tank but it is not and you do not want it to go empty on meth or you can blow your engine.

PA-silver03evo Jul 17, 2007 09:48 AM

try to listen to where its coming from. If its from under the rear seat, its the fuel pump, if its in the trunk, try to see where in the trunk. The windshield washer bottle is in the right side trunk paneling.