EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Thinking About Trading My IX For A Terminator (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/305210-thinking-about-trading-my-ix-terminator.html)

beemerfreak Nov 1, 2007 12:44 PM

Thinking About Trading My IX For A Terminator

My F***** tranny keeps on pissing me off.

My 5th started grinding than got Mitsu to fix it. A week later it started grinding again.

My clutch went out a month ago got it replaced. After going on the highway 3 weeks later. I was speeding a little went from 3rd to 4th got the nastiest grind. Now my 4th grinds worse than my 5th.

I know I can go to Shep and get my tranny rebuilt. But I still have worries I will break my t-case.

I'm prob going to put my car back to stock than go to a Ford dealer and get a 03-04 Cobra. If they give me a even trade.

I want a freak of a car and to match the power of what pullied Cobra's make I will need a big turbo. Sure from the dig we can get them but it just BS that one bad/hard launch can F up our drive train.

Sorry about the long rant.

I still haven't made up my mind yet. It seems like I could still get talked out of trading the Evo.

pekpekbuster Nov 1, 2007 12:48 PM

hell, i'm thinking about getting a used 03' m3 w/ a better warranty and getting rid of my evo. mitsubishi's warranty sucks ass.

beemerfreak Nov 1, 2007 12:53 PM

Regardless if I wanted to get my gears fixed, its to late to because I have a upgraded clutch now. Sucks that I'm scared to go to the track and run my car because of my clutch going out or breaking my tranny.

BTW BMW has the best warranties.{thumbup}

JDMCT9MR Nov 1, 2007 12:53 PM

I agree Mistubishi's warranties do suck!Its your choice to get what you want as far as a car.Just don't regret the choice you make after its done though.Good luck!

beemerfreak Nov 1, 2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR (Post 4912891)
I agree Mistubishi's warranties do suck!Its your choice to get what you want as far as a car.Just don't regret the choice you make after its done though.Good luck!

Thats what sucks I love my car. It's just the tranny that gets me mad.

4TUN8 Nov 1, 2007 12:55 PM

Termi cobra's are awsome, you wont be sorry dude.

beemerfreak Nov 1, 2007 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 4TUN8 (Post 4912909)
Termi cobra's are awsome, you wont be sorry dude.

I know man, but the Evo is my first car, I really hate to do it. But the only other car I can see my self driving is a Terminator.

If only I can afford a 335i. :(

kaonashi Nov 1, 2007 01:00 PM

You have a good mind set, my next car will either be a 03-04 cobra or a new vette so probably a cobra :)

beemerfreak Nov 1, 2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by kaonashi (Post 4912935)
You have a good mind set, my next car will either be a 03-04 cobra or a new vette so probably a cobra :)

We have cars that are only good from going from a dig. But the only thing is we can mess up our drive train by doing so.

I say I just get a pullied Cobra throw on some Nitto's and call it a day.

kaonashi Nov 1, 2007 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by beemerfreak (Post 4912949)
We have cars that are only good from going from a dig. But the only thing is we can mess up our drive train by doing so.

yeah but they do have some well built evo's that can outrun cobra's, BUT as far as repairs and pulling the motor out, the cobra's going to be the easiest route.

sp00lin2g Nov 1, 2007 01:09 PM

keep the evo. You are going to be very hard pressed to find a dealer that would give you an even trade. The dealer is gonna want to give you bottom dollar on your car, and top dollar on the cobra. Get some meth and some cams on your 9 get a good tune, and get ure tranny taken care of and call it a day.

kaonashi Nov 1, 2007 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sp00lin2g (Post 4912979)
keep the evo. You are going to be very hard pressed to find a dealer that would give you an even trade. The dealer is gonna want to give you bottom dollar on your car, and top dollar on the cobra. Get some meth and some cams on your 9 get a good tune, and get ure tranny taken care of and call it a day.

Or get both like what im doing :)

LoCo4 Nov 1, 2007 01:21 PM

I was looking at Cobras while I was looking for an Evo. Evo just fit me, since it has 4 doors, more all weather friendly, etc.

Turbo Kyle Nov 1, 2007 01:21 PM

Meth and Tune...I dont think I could live without AWD again...I just love it. I have driven and worked on a 800WHP Turbo 03' Cobra. Its fun to drive but you can wreck that b!tch in a hurry. The Evos are rare...and the faces people make when you walk away from them is priceless. Im shooting for 550WHP with my Evo. A 550HP Evo will just about murder anything on the street. PS. A 550 WHP Cobra will have traction problems even from a roll (depending on speed). Plus if you get wheel hop you can break the IRS axels pretty quick.

Phizix Nov 1, 2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by beemerfreak (Post 4912949)

only good from a dig huh? :confused:

Sell your evo asap! Maybe the new owner of your evo will understand and appreciate this car's heritage more than yourself.

I just don't understand why people buy evo's to drag race with.