EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   My wipers are driving me crazy...help! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/313115-my-wipers-driving-me-crazy-help.html)

Canexican Dec 13, 2007 11:24 AM

My wipers are driving me crazy...help!

Ok, when i turn on my wipers, they wont stop. I'll set them to intermittent, but they decide they don't want to pause and then just stay constant. Then, when I go to turn them off, they don't turn off. They just keep wiping and I keep cursing. The only way to turn the off is to turn the engine off. But, as soon as I use them for just one wipe - they keep going. To top it off, today, for no apparent reason, my right turn signal arrow just stayed lit. Then would turn off momentarily and stay lit for awhile. Then it just stayed off. I must have an electrical gremlin somewhere, but I have no idea how to fix this.

I've searched and found no solution to this problem...just the fact that others have also had the same problem. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Its really starting to piss me off :helpme: .

TeStUdO Dec 13, 2007 11:25 AM

Did you buy your car used? It might have been in an accident. i.e. airbag deployed, shop messed up steering column electronics.

ZLevo8 Dec 13, 2007 11:26 AM

***** about it that helps! lol just kidding check and make sure you dont have a loose wire thats hittin the chassis somewhere also be sure to check every fuse you have and if you have a multimeter you can test out the voltage coming from the fuse to the motors and check and make sure that its accurate. but it sounds to me as if you have a short somewhere man. one of those search and destroy missions i had one in my last ride with the blinker it was a *****

Canexican Dec 13, 2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by ZLevo8 (Post 5052264)
***** about it that helps! lol just kidding check and make sure you dont have a loose wire thats hittin the chassis somewhere also be sure to check every fuse you have and if you have a multimeter you can test out the voltage coming from the fuse to the motors and check and make sure that its accurate. but it sounds to me as if you have a short somewhere man. one of those search and destroy missions i had one in my last ride with the blinker it was a *****

I absolutely hate it when sh*t like this happens. No loose wires from what I've seen.

Canexican Dec 13, 2007 04:14 PM

Does anyone else have any advice for my posessed wipers!?

gsrboi80 Dec 13, 2007 04:31 PM

Get your solder gun out. Common problem. Remove your drivers side kick panel to the left of your feet. You'll see a bunch of plugs in a White cage of sorts. The big white connector and the green under it are your culprits.

What happens is there is a harness that goes from your engine compartment out then back in through the inner fender and into the cabin. These are wires related to dash functiond ie. Wipers, Lights etc.

What is happening here is that water is travelling from outside throug the cowl drain and onto that harness traveling down the harness to the connector in turn corroding you pins.

Unpin the entire white and green connector and hard solder the wires together Oh and do yourself a huge favor and silicone up where the harness goes through into the cabin. Easy to access by removing the plastic wheel housing

gsrboi80 Dec 13, 2007 04:32 PM

PM me if you need further assistance I can give you my # and chat with you about it

CrackerJackToy Dec 13, 2007 04:39 PM

LOL

Mine are worn out... they make scrunching noises :(

Canexican Dec 13, 2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 5053527)
PM me if you need further assistance I can give you my # and chat with you about it

Wow, thanks dude. As soon as I can get over to my buddy's garage, i'll give it a try. I'm probably not gonna be able to get to it for a few days as I'm working constantly, but if you could PM me your number in case I get stuck on what i'm supposed to do, that would be great. Thanks man. Greatly appreciated {thumbup} .

gsrboi80 Dec 13, 2007 04:51 PM

You have PM man

Silver06evo9mr Dec 13, 2007 04:53 PM

dont you have a warrenty?!?!?! use it

gsrboi80 Dec 13, 2007 05:06 PM

To be honest with you I wouldnt trust most Mitsu techs to fix this right. You'll have a much less headache fixing it yourself or with somone who can.

Canexican Dec 14, 2007 10:29 AM

Well, just thought i'd give an update to this problem as it has gone from a wiper malfunction to a huge electrical nightmare:

Got up for work and tried starting the car. Before even putting the ignition in the car, i noticed the amber lights were already fluctuating dimness slightly. I thought, "oh sh*t." So, put the key in, turn it, and the starter was cranking...but nothing was happening. I did it again and looked at the volt meter - 12 volts. After some head-scratching and multiple tries that turned into incessant cursing I gave up. I even tried to have someone jump me - that didnt work. Car was flat-bedded to Baierl Mitsubishi in Wexford, PA. They have an "Evo Tech" there that apparently knows what he is doing :crap: .

Here is the best part, they are telling me that I could be screwed since this had an aftermarket starter insalled prior to my ownership - over 20k miles ago. If they try to screw me on the warranty, I'm gonna go ballistic :rant: . I'll keep you guys posted...

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE AN EVO THAT SITS OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN ON A REGULAR BASIS AND YOUR WIPERS START ACTING UP...WATER COULD BE MESSING WITH YOUR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM...GET IT FIXED QUICKLY!

TeStUdO Dec 14, 2007 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Canexican (Post 5056006)
Well, just thought i'd give an update to this problem as it has gone from a wiper malfunction to a huge electrical nightmare:

Got up for work and tried starting the car. Before even putting the ignition in the car, i noticed the amber lights were already fluctuating dimness slightly. I thought, "oh sh*t." So, put the key in, turn it, and the starter was cranking...but nothing was happening. I did it again and looked at the volt meter - 12 volts. After some head-scratching and multiple tries that turned into incessant cursing I gave up. I even tried to have someone jump me - that didnt work. Car was flat-bedded to Baierl Mitsubishi in Wexford, PA. They have an "Evo Tech" there that apparently knows what he is doing :crap: .

Here is the best part, they are telling me that I could be screwed since this had an aftermarket starter insalled prior to my ownership - over 20k miles ago. If they try to screw me on the warranty, I'm gonna go ballistic :rant: . I'll keep you guys posted...

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE AN EVO THAT SITS OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN ON A REGULAR BASIS AND YOUR WIPERS START ACTING UP...WATER COULD BE MESSING WITH YOUR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM...GET IT FIXED QUICKLY!

Refer to my previous post. Im pretty sure your car was in an accident and was repaired inproperly.

Canexican Dec 14, 2007 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO (Post 5056013)
Refer to my previous post. Im pretty sure your car was in an accident and was repaired inproperly.

It wasnt in an accident...

TeStUdO Dec 14, 2007 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Canexican (Post 5056025)
It wasnt in an accident...

Why does your car have an aftermarket starter on it? I haven't seen a starter take a sh!t so early for no reason.

Canexican Dec 14, 2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO (Post 5056030)
Why does your car have an aftermarket starter on it? I haven't seen a starter take a sh!t so early for no reason.

It doesnt have one. It did have one but was removed before I ever purchased it. I bought the car Feb. of last year at 20k miles and am now up to 38k miles. This is my first major problem with the car. Well, besides having to replace the clutch 10k ago and having a leaky clutch line, that is.

projekt_shocker Dec 14, 2007 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 5053519)
Get your solder gun out. Common problem. Remove your drivers side kick panel to the left of your feet. You'll see a bunch of plugs in a White cage of sorts. The big white connector and the green under it are your culprits.

What happens is there is a harness that goes from your engine compartment out then back in through the inner fender and into the cabin. These are wires related to dash functiond ie. Wipers, Lights etc.

What is happening here is that water is travelling from outside throug the cowl drain and onto that harness traveling down the harness to the connector in turn corroding you pins.

Unpin the entire white and green connector and hard solder the wires together Oh and do yourself a huge favor and silicone up where the harness goes through into the cabin. Easy to access by removing the plastic wheel housing

+100

i have the same problem too but instead i took my car over to mitsu, they spent 4 hours searching the problem until i mentioned about the side kick panel on the driver side and they checked the harness there and it was all corroded from moisture that got into it.... they had to re wire the whole thing and everything was back to normal....

all of that BS cost me $300. save yourself $300 and do it yourself. follow that instruction above and you should be fine. :)

tweakdsm Dec 14, 2007 10:51 AM

sorry to heat that,

evo tech my ass, just watch your bill. Tell them you're the second owner, they will try to empty your pockets.

GL

Originally Posted by Canexican (Post 5056006)

Canexican Dec 14, 2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by projekt_shocker (Post 5056089)
+100

i have the same problem too but instead i took my car over to mitsu, they spent 4 hours searching the problem until i mentioned about the side kick panel on the driver side and they checked the harness there and it was all corroded from moisture that got into it.... they had to re wire the whole thing and everything was back to normal....

all of that BS cost me $300. save yourself $300 and do it yourself. follow that instruction above and you should be fine. :)

Yeah, its too late. Its already at the Stealership. My wallet is f*cked.

Originally Posted by tweakdsm (Post 5056090)
evo tech my ass, just watch your bill.

Haha, yeah, i know. I talked to the guy personally though. He apparently is active on EvoM, so hopefully he wont screw me. I'm pretty sure he owns an Evo too.

kilgoja Dec 14, 2007 11:27 AM

sorry to hear about your problem dude....hope all goes well and it doesn't cost too much.....let us know what it was and how they fixed it

Canexican Dec 14, 2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoja (Post 5056233)
sorry to hear about your problem dude....hope all goes well and it doesn't cost too much.....let us know what it was and how they fixed it

Thanks man. Yeah, i'll definitely keep you guys posted.

UT_Evo Dec 14, 2007 12:12 PM

They really do have "Evo Certified" techs that go to an annual "class" to learn about the Evo. The guy here at the dealer I took mine to every once in awhile was pretty knowledgable (not as much as local Evo/Suby shops ala COBB, of course). Just like how Audi and Porsche techs (and i"m sure other companies too) have to go to company specific tech training where they work on all the different models of the cars... Its why Porsche charges 110 an hour :(

mitsmaster Dec 14, 2007 03:38 PM

could be

The answers ,yes I know what I am doing, yes I have to go to school for weeks at a time... No I dont rip people off.......you brought to it to the right place to get it fixed...Just latley our district rep has been very difficult to deal with on any warranty issues....... There is enough guys on here that know me, believe me your car will be perfect hopefully under warranty......

gsrboi80 Dec 14, 2007 04:10 PM

^ Follow my direction and youll be able to fix his problem in no time then.

Dont worry Dude your car was not in an accident. This is a a problem ive seen quite a few times before and will get fixed if pending its don right.

If you or your mechanic (Mitsu Tech) need any assistance you have my number. Id be glad to help you through it

Jabba08 Dec 14, 2007 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by mitsmaster (Post 5057195)
The answers ,yes I know what I am doing, yes I have to go to school for weeks at a time... No I dont rip people off.......you brought to it to the right place to get it fixed...Just latley our district rep has been very difficult to deal with on any warranty issues....... There is enough guys on here that know me, believe me your car will be perfect hopefully under warranty......

Mitsmaster defiantly knows what he is doing and I would trust no one else in Pittsburgh to do the job correctly. As far as the warranty and being fair about any cost, Mitsmaster and Baierl have always taking great care of me!

Canexican Dec 15, 2007 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by mitsmaster (Post 5057195)

Thanks for the reassurance. I have had very bad experiences in the past with South Park Mitsu. and just start getting really freaked out anytime I have to take it to a Mitsu dealer. I dont trust S.P. at all, so that is why I took it to you guys. If I came across as a bit harsh/angry/frustrated in my little rant a few posts ago, my apologies. This mess could not have happened at a worse time for me as i'm going to be in between jobs very soon, Christmas is coming, and all other associated holiday b.s. that destroys my wallet...

Basically, if it's not under warranty, i'm really fuc*ed. Thanks for understanding :thumbup: .

mitsmaster Dec 15, 2007 07:08 AM

Its all good

I have heard alot of problems with south park ....In a way it directly affected me...All dealers arent the same, and all techs arent the same......I myself take care of my customers.....A happy customer will always return......I do alot of aftermarket/performance builds so they do not effect the way I look at the car for warranty.......I get paid either way, under warranty or customer pay....I just want to make sure the customer comes back to me in the future...

gsrboi80 Dec 15, 2007 07:09 AM

Id do it for you for a case of beer. LOL

Just need to get it out here {thumbup} Damn Mitsu's

Canexican Dec 15, 2007 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by mitsmaster (Post 5058602)
I have heard alot of problems with south park ....In a way it directly affected me...All dealers arent the same, and all techs arent the same......I myself take care of my customers.....A happy customer will always return......I do alot of aftermarket/performance builds so they do not effect the way I look at the car for warranty.......I get paid either way, under warranty or customer pay....I just want to make sure the customer comes back to me in the future...

Yeah, I know. I've actually dealt with you guys in the past, but not for as complicated of a problem. My window regulater in my old 3kgt was busted and you guys treated me pretty well, so that is one main reason i'm back. Also, my buddy Doug (Spamsonite on 3si.org) has had alot of work done through you guys and i'm pretty sure you have worked on his red 93 VR4 more times than you would like to remember. You always did good work for him too.

South Park is terrible and I shouldnt have associated it with you guys...i should know better, I work at a dealership right now and they are certainly not all created equal, haha.

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 5058607)
Id do it for you for a case of beer. LOL

Just need to get it out here {thumbup} Damn Mitsu's

Haha, yeah, case of beer would have been alot cheaper, but the 900 bucks to tow the car out there would have unfortunately off-set the cost of the case.

Canexican Dec 15, 2007 12:28 PM

Update: Car is done. Mike (Mitsumaster) from Baierl Mitsubishi is the man. If any of you guys in Pittsburgh area need service work done on your car and are scared of your local dealership, don't hesitate...call Baierl and talk to Mike. Very knowledgeable and helpful - he even worked on my car on his day off. Thanks Mike :thumbup: !

I'll keep you guys posted on the remaining warranty situation...

mitsmaster Dec 15, 2007 02:45 PM

pic of wiring connectors unplugged

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/32...600x600Q85.jpg

mitsmaster Dec 15, 2007 02:47 PM

connector pic

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/35...600x600Q85.jpg

mitsmaster Dec 15, 2007 02:49 PM

connectors eliminated

http://inlinethumb24.webshots.com/34...600x600Q85.jpg

mitsmaster Dec 15, 2007 02:52 PM

pic with inner fender well removed. after sealing

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/34...600x600Q85.jpg

gsrboi80 Dec 15, 2007 04:22 PM

Yea man look at all that corrosion on those pins in there

Thats how you fix it. Great job man :mitsu: :D

gsrboi80 Dec 15, 2007 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by mitsmaster (Post 5059640)

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS SHOULD SEAL THIS UP ON YOUR CARS IT WOULD PREVENT THE WHOLE SITUATION FROM HAPPENING AS THIS IS WHERE THE WATER IS COMING IN FROM AND RUNNING DOWN

850glt Dec 16, 2007 09:50 AM

I have been having electrical hiccups like this since I got my car about 6 months ago (used) but they have always gone away in a few days. After a recent snow storm, however, the car won't start. I am curious as to whether this harness would cause the car not to start? And its definitely not the battery because the starter cranks hard but the engine just doesnt turn over.

gsrboi80 Dec 16, 2007 11:39 AM

Sure could esspecially if you started to see any of the previously described symptoms.

Check it out you'll see the corrosion immediately

mitsmaster Dec 16, 2007 11:49 AM

starting

could be.. this car came in with a no start condition..... check those connectors it takes two seconds to look.......

Canexican Dec 16, 2007 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 850glt (Post 5061246)
I have been having electrical hiccups like this since I got my car about 6 months ago (used) but they have always gone away in a few days. After a recent snow storm, however, the car won't start. I am curious as to whether this harness would cause the car not to start? And its definitely not the battery because the starter cranks hard but the engine just doesnt turn over.

The day I had my IX flatbedded, that was exactly what it was doing. It was cranking and the battery was at 12 volts, but the engine would not fire up. If you have been experiencing anything wierd like wipers, turn signals, ignition...its most likely a result of this. Check it out.

kilgoja Dec 16, 2007 02:19 PM

wow...glad you got it fixed...i haven't had any probs but i will check mine out

i don't think mine has been leaking or anything...i will check it again on a rainy day just to make sure...just wondering how water would get back in there behind the front fender

wouldn't the carpet on the floorboard be wet if it was leaking?...strange

gsrboi80 Dec 16, 2007 05:18 PM

You front wiper cowl drains right on that harness. Thats how it gets through the gromet Doy yourself a favor. Seal it up

kilgoja Dec 16, 2007 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
do you have a pic where it drains?....maybe show me where the water drains and i can pour some in there and see if it goes to the inside of the car....pic would help...also that grommet in the pic looks alot different than mine...or maybe it's just full of silicone...lol

maybe not all of them leak....i dunno...i haven't had any issues with starting, wipers, or anything...i read on here b4 that some evos had water like an inch deep on there floor board....i think it was on the passenger side though.....a rare issue that only a few of them had...some leaky grommet or something....i'll pull off the plastic piece and check inside the connectors to see what they look like tomorrow

if someone has a pic of the front left fender off please post it so we can see the grommet from the outer side

here is my grommet pic

mitsmaster Dec 16, 2007 07:24 PM

pic

that is a pic from inside the car .....The pic I put up was from outside .wheel off,, and inner fender well pulled back......The water only trickles in past the wire harness or hood latch cable......

kilgoja Dec 16, 2007 07:28 PM

oh that's the outside...lol...no wonder they look different...i guess i should read a little bit closer huh...oopps

well i took the plastic kick plate off on the inside and checked all of my wire plugs....they all look brand new...no corrosion...just shiny silver..guess i am lucky...i'll keep an eye on it from time to time...everyone should check theirs

are mitsu engineers that stupid?...i mean why not just run the wires through the firewall rather than out the fender then back in through the fender...oh well no problems on mine so far

this drain cowl...where exactly is that...on the bottom right corner of the window?...my fender has a lip on it where the water would go and directs it into the engine area keeping it from going behind the fender...maybe a massive down pour would overflow the lip...i dunno

850glt Dec 16, 2007 09:28 PM

I will call my mechanic first thing tomorrow (car was already towed there). I had the same exact issue with the wipers going on by themselves and various lights staying on when they shouldnt have. I'll let you guys know if this fixes it.

kilgoja Dec 16, 2007 10:49 PM

found this in another thread...a recall..dunno if it's the same spot

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33419

Canexican Dec 17, 2007 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 850glt (Post 5063014)
I will call my mechanic first thing tomorrow (car was already towed there). I had the same exact issue with the wipers going on by themselves and various lights staying on when they shouldnt have. I'll let you guys know if this fixes it.

Yeah, let us know how it turns out man...good luck.

Originally Posted by kilgoja (Post 5063213)
found this in another thread...a recall..dunno if it's the same spot

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33419

Well, that is certainly interesting. Its the same thing that happened to me in my IX. I would imagine that recall would have been dealt with in the VIII's. But who knows, its Mitsubishi, anything is possible.

MR Turco Dec 17, 2007 12:17 PM

This is really scary considering how much snow we have been getting. I will have to look into this.

850glt Dec 17, 2007 05:10 PM

Well, I just got my car back and the connecter was indeed the culprit. It was COMPLETELY corroded (I will post pics tomorrow). My mechanic did exactly what was done in the pics on page 3. Be warned though, this isnt as easy as it seems as the colors dont match on the connecter (they didnt on mine at least).

Regardless, thanks for your help everyone... this thread should really be stickied - if you have electrical hiccups or your car doesnt start ESPECIALLY after rain/snow there is a 99% chance this is why.

Canexican Dec 17, 2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by 850glt (Post 5066004)
Well, I just got my car back and the connecter was indeed the culprit. It was COMPLETELY corroded (I will post pics tomorrow). My mechanic did exactly what was done in the pics on page 3. Be warned though, this isnt as easy as it seems as the colors dont match on the connecter (they didnt on mine at least).

Regardless, thanks for your help everyone... this thread should really be stickied - if you have electrical hiccups or your car doesnt start ESPECIALLY after rain/snow there is a 99% chance this is why.

I agree with the sticky idea. This is very serious as the car is inoperable when it occurs and there are warning signs to help prevent it. I've seen alot of posts about people having similar symptoms with their cars and have not had good responses as to what the culprit is. I'm just glad that GSRboi was kind enough to let me know exactly what was happening with my car...otherwise I would have probably never figured it out. Where's a mod, lets stick this.

gsrboi80 Dec 18, 2007 04:55 AM

Glad I could help

06MRV8Killer Jan 3, 2008 08:05 AM

gsrboi80 - Very good infromation. This is on the passanger side or the drivers side?

I also read something about the grommet that they run the boost gauge vaccum hose through in the RS and MR having the same problem and causing water to get inside the cabin as well. Does anyone know anything about this?

gsrboi80 Jan 3, 2008 08:39 AM

This is on the drivers side. What you are refering to is indeed on the passenger side. That was allowing water to soak the carpet.

This issue however directly effects the harness/plugs behind that drivers side kick panel by your left calf :D

If you follow that harness up you will see it goes through the inner fender and into the engine compartment. Simply remove the rear half of you drivers side plastic fender well (From the outside) and you will se the harness

06MRV8Killer Jan 3, 2008 09:10 AM

Ok got it, that bish is gettin selaed up this weekend! thanks again

kilgoja Jan 3, 2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer (Post 5113075)
gsrboi80 - Very good infromation. This is on the passanger side or the drivers side?

I also read something about the grommet that they run the boost gauge vaccum hose through in the RS and MR having the same problem and causing water to get inside the cabin as well. Does anyone know anything about this?

where does this come into the car at?...i haven't noticed any wet carpet...just want to know so i can also keep an eye on that one

gsrboi80 Jan 3, 2008 03:59 PM

Follow the lines for you factory Boost gauge where that goes through on the passenger side is where most have seen the water on the floor .

The corroded pin problem is the harness behind the front drivers fender accessed easily by removing the back half or so of the drivers front plastic inner fender well youll see it go through into the inside cabin

fkw958 Feb 6, 2008 06:34 AM

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I had the wiper problem a few days ago so I went ahead and looked at the top left connector (the big white one). The 4 bottom wires were corroded so I hard wired those and removed the connector from the bracket and tucked them somewhere higher up so water won't end up in the connector. I didn't have time to properly seal up that grommet or look at other connectors because it was snowing like xxxx. Now this morning my right turn signal is acting up. Its constantly on but not blinking. When i turn the switch it alternates between bright and dim but does not completely go off. I just want to make sure this is also because of the water through the grommet. If it is then i'll just get some silicone and head to my mechanic this afternoon after work. Thanks in advance!

gsrboi80 Feb 6, 2008 06:56 AM

Youll need to hard solder all of the wires mainly in the big white and black connectors to ensure no problems in the future and yes seal up the grommet ASAP

fkw958 Feb 6, 2008 09:44 AM

Ok, i'm at work right now so I can't check and see. The big white and black connectors you're talking about, which ones are they? So looking at the big bracket with the 4 connectors which ones are they? Top? Bottom? Left? Right?

gsrboi80 Feb 6, 2008 11:16 AM

They are the two against the wall on the left they are on top of each other. I wanna say the black connector is on top of the big white one but not 100%. The black one has like three wires goint to it the white has alot. I soldered every single wire in every single connector just to be safe. Plus I sealed the grommet up for good

lords3t Feb 7, 2008 09:54 AM

subscribed. I need to take care of all these leaks this weekend now before they actually turn into a problem. I swear, I'm seriously disappointed in sucksubishi's build quality. Why the HELL can't Honda make a comparable AWD turbo rally car? If they did.... :banghead: I think I just need to cool down. This is just disappointing.

Silver06evo9mr Feb 14, 2008 07:47 PM

my f-ing horn is going off. removed the fuse to make it stop but i guess this is my g-damn problem. FAAAAAkkkkk. ok i need to calm down...

fastyouth1313 Dec 19, 2012 08:53 AM

sub

roadace Dec 19, 2012 03:43 PM

Sounds like it's related to this. Has this link been posted yet?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/in...s-how-fix.html

WikdEvo Dec 19, 2012 08:03 PM

That's usually the issue if you have problems with wipers, starter, headlights or horn. Check your connectors in the kick panel.

True Blue Jan 14, 2013 06:52 AM

Up.

Sounds like this area is one I need to address. Droving into work today, no rain, 39*, and the wipers suddenly came on and would not go off, even after I turned the car off at an intersection.

I garage my Evo so I'm not in constant rain, but I'd imagine this is the area I need to address, the wiring behind the kick panel?

gsrboi80 Jan 14, 2013 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 10605505)
Up.

Sounds like this area is one I need to address. Droving into work today, no rain, 39*, and the wipers suddenly came on and would not go off, even after I turned the car off at an intersection.

I garage my Evo so I'm not in constant rain, but I'd imagine this is the area I need to address, the wiring behind the kick panel?

Yes Sir. Hardwire it up